Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tested past 6 months!!!!
      #25514 - 12/12/01 11:18 PM

Hi, I've tested past the 6months with negative results but strange symptoms(I've written them all before). If tests are conclusive at 6 months then is it true some people have the virus in their system but don't produce antibodies on the hiv blood test? Is orasure just as good as hiv eliza test? I got no answers last time but ignorant answer. This is serious and I am not joking please help me thank you. GOD Bless all.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
worried22yo
Expert

Reged: 10/26/01
Loc: Northeast PA
Re: Tested past 6 months!!!! new
      #25515 - 12/13/01 12:10 AM

This is very very rare (I read 1 in 100,000maybe somewhere). I am in a simlar situation and am seeing a dr. tomorrow about a severely swollen tonsil. I too am still looking for answers after a negative PCR at 35 days and a negative ELISA at 5 1/2 months--I mostly posted this so people wouldn't think this post was mine lol. Many here suggest stress can cause symptoms and it certainly can. regardless of what is wrong with us, stressing ourselves out will only makematters worse. Orasure is just as good as ELISA frokm what I have read in several places on TheBody. Sorry you got ignorant replies before; there are many very good people like Jackie and Shane here. Good luck!

Good luck to everyone!

--------------------
Good luck to everyone!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#25519 - 12/13/01 06:58 AM

Thank you for your answer GOD Bless.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#25524 - 12/13/01 10:26 AM

An orasure is actually more sensitve as it has a higher rate of false positives, which if it comes out negative is a good thing.

A test at 6 months is as conclusive as you're going to get. The only thing left would be a PCR DNA like "worried" had. But at this stage it will tell you nothing you don;t already know. If you were one of those rare persons who took longer, you'd know it as you'd been sick way before your exposure to HIV. People with Lukemia etc. If your immune system is normal, then you'll produce the antibodies by 6 months. Ignore the jerks on this board, they are truly sick fuckers.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1067

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3