Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Carlos007

Reged: 03/10/11
ARS in few days? is it posible?
      #254732 - 03/10/11 05:33 PM

People

First. I offer you my apologies for my poor English. This is my story.

Day 1: I had oral sex without a condom with a woman. She sucked my penis.

The woman had a good buccal health, she had no plaque. She had perfect white teeth. I do not know if she had mouth ulcers.

Day 2: After 20 hours a Aphthous ulcer appeared to me (only one) in the mouth. This Aphthous ulcer disappeared in Day 4.

Day 3: I woke with a pain of throat which has continued until today.

Day. 5: I have the need to go to the bathroom more often but my feces are normal, no liquid.

Day. 6: I now I have less sore throat but I still feel some pain

I had fever betwenn 37 and 37.5 , I have not had a rash. I have only taken Parecetamol

So I would like which is the risk that I have caught HIV? And If I have the symptoms I mean that I have ARS? Is it possible to have ARS after 3 to 5 days?

Thank you very much.

Carlos.
Chile.

Edited by Carlos007 (03/10/11 05:34 PM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: ARS in few days? is it posible? new
      #254733 - 03/10/11 06:15 PM

Ok it's been a while since I've had to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit, but If I remember how to do it you're saying you had a temperature of 99.5. Not knowing the conditions you took it under and how you took it (if orally and not digital not very accurate) I would say that is a fairly normal temp. IF you just got out of bed with covers on your temp will be raised as opposed to being outside in cold weather without enough protection will lower it slightly in short durations.

As far as the ulcer.....Aphthous ulcers are extremely common in everyone. They can happen from eating to many acidic foods such as oranges or soda. They can also be caused by physical trauma and stress. Let alone a hundred other things.

As far as the pain in the throat...could be anything from dry air to tonsillitis to bacteria infection. (I would be inclined to rule out bacteria due to the lack of a good fever.)

Also since you mentioned taking Parecetamol have you looked at the side effects? I know its only Tylenol, but depending on how much/how often you are taking it your symptoms match the possible side effects of an allergic reaction to it. Mouth ulcers, fevers, sore throats, rashes, weakness, tiredness, pain in the lower back, loose stools, etc.

To answer your question oral sex has a VERY low risk.

Hope you seriously consider the information I gave you and put your mind at ease. But if not then go get tested at 3 months.

Carlos007

#254734 - 03/10/11 06:47 PM

Hello Kicker:

Thank you very much for your advice. Now I remember yesterday, take 1.500mg of paracetamol and this may be the cause of changes in my digestion.

But the question I have is that if they were symptoms of ARS. Could not you appear before a week?

Thak Very much

Carlos

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #254735 - 03/10/11 07:22 PM

The general consensus is that ARS takes two to four weeks to develop. Just like any other virus/cold you have it at least two weeks before you get a runny nose.

Here is a explanation and maybe some people can learn from this that goes back to basic high school biology.

Think of a pile of sand, now vacuum that pile of sand, does the vacuum become clogged right away or does it take alot of sand to clog it? (The answer is it takes alot)

The same goes for your immune system, you are bombarded by viruses and bacteria and foreign bodies all day every day. You don't have a "reaction" that is felt on a large scale such as a runny nose until those viruses/bacteria/etc reach a critical mass. This doesn't happen overnight (IN MOST CASES there are rare exceptions) When you start having symptoms it is because the germ has reached a level that the body has deemed to much to handle quietly so it enacts all its defenses not just it's silent defenses such as white blood cells. It's then you have fevers, runny noses, loose stools, etc to help in the fight against that critical mass of infection.

Also according to the numbers the chances of you actually noticing ARS is slim to none due to the fact that the symptoms are usually very minor and UNSPECIFIC. So unless you are a paranoid person by nature unless you want to run to get tested for HIV every time you have a runny nose symptoms are useless after initial exposure.

The healthy and "sane" approach to a sexually active adult is to get tested once a year, use protection when ever possible, be monogamous (this one doesn't promise no infection but lowers the likelihood), and take care of yourself.

HIV is not an instant killer, following the above approach will not cost you any time if you do happen to get infected, because yearly testing will catch it early on enough, and the rest of the approaches will ensure a good outcome when you do go to get tested.

I'm willing to bet your problems are just bad timing, an overactive imagination, and the evil self diagnostic tool called the internet. That or the tynenol. You could always develop an allergy to it or take to much and have the same problems.

Carlos007

#254737 - 03/10/11 08:58 PM

Hello

You are a very good man. His words have calmed down a little.

Also consult a doctor specializing in infectious and told me I can be confident, both because of the no risk nature of my exposure and because they started too soon to be HIV that my symptoms are not due to HIV.

All that has happened must be the flu or a cold which added to the fact that I could not sleep for many days and the mental breakdown I have had for several days.

Thanks very muchs.

Carlos

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
      #254758 - 03/11/11 02:15 PM

good, now go get some rest.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3564

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3