Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
worried22yo
Expert

Reged: 10/26/01
Loc: Northeast PA
A full 6 months?
      #25460 - 12/11/01 05:00 PM

Hi guys. Went to the dr. yesterday and he did not want to do a CBC. Yet I am still getting what they have told me is petechiae and am tired all the time. I have all these unaccounted for symptoms, as does my boyfriend yet no one helps. What do I do?

Good luck to everyone!

--------------------
Good luck to everyone!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: A full 6 months? new
      #25461 - 12/11/01 05:18 PM

Since your doctor did not want to do a CBC it would appear that he doesn't think there is anything seriously wrong with you. You say no one helps, but at times the reason it seems that way is because there is nothing medically they can do, because there is nothing really wrong with the patient.

You have already had 3 negative tests. That is more than enough to rule out HIV infection. Your partner doesn't seem to be very concerned due to the fact he has asked us not to 'enable' you.

When nothing shows up medically then it is really time to try and figure out what part your mind is playing in all this. You seem to be at the edge of ruining your life over this obession. Your partner's posts sound full of frustration. If you persist you may be in danger of permanently damaging your relationship.

Looks to me as if you have a decision to make. You can either continue pursuing this and face the consequences in terms of time, money and possibly your relationship or you can chalk it up to experience and move on.

The choice is yours.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1245

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3