Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
hopenot

Reged: 02/27/11
No lectures
      #254583 - 03/01/11 03:11 PM

I know people will want to tell me symptoms don't mean anything and wait to be tested, but I'm as certain of this as I have ever been. Red rash not maculopapular just red skin, abdominal pain that is consistant with enlarged liver and spleen, loss of appitite, no fever or swollen glands and only mildly loose stool not runny. Having said all of that, I joined two guys for a threesome and one did briefly penitrate me unprotected which I stopped imediately no more than 2 or 3 seconds, he then put on a condom and we went on and he didn't even cum I don't think before he stopped. But I am sure that these symptoms are related to it. It's been between three and four weeks now and the stress is really getting to me. It is so hard to wait. I'd test evry day if I could until the 3 months are over. Just for the hope that the test would be negative and give me hope for one more day. Bt will be pos when I do but I'm sure it will be pos when I do get it.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
Re: No lectures new
      #254585 - 03/01/11 03:39 PM

well if you've got it all figured out, then there's no need to even post here.

but if you want to listen to some reason, the odds are in your favor that you're negative. yes, your situation does count as a possible exposure, even though it was brief. however, it's more likely that you were not infected. here are the CDC estimates.

moreover, as you predicted i would say, symptoms are unreliable. there's no way you can confirm you have HIV just based on symptoms. tons and tons of people have been where you are and have tested negative over and over, despite the symptoms and despite how sure they are.

right now you are just scared and worried, and matching symptoms with whatever you've read. and worst case scenario, you do test positive, your life is not over.

either way, a rash can be caused by a many number of things. abdominal pain can be caused by even more. "consistent with enlarged liver and spleen" doesn't mean it is enlarged liver and spleen. neither of which is specific to HIV anyway. all this is to say you won't know for sure until you get tested.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

hopenot

Reged: 02/27/11
      #254594 - 03/02/11 01:17 AM

I agree with you that I am both worried and scared, but you are wrong about enlarged liver and spleen not being a symptom of Acute HIV Infection, they are. And the pain just happens to be right in the area of the spleen, could be IBS could be anything but if you looked up Ucute HIV symptoms you would find enlarged liver and spleen among the symptoms I'm trying to see my Dr tomorrow and I will be tested if I can get in to see him even though it is only a few weeks since it happened

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
      #254643 - 03/04/11 02:10 PM

i said enlarged liver and spleen are not specific to HIV. moreover, you don't know for sure that you have an enlarged liver and spleen. you are only guessing based on self-probing. hope you have a knowledgeable doc who puts your worries at ease.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1680

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3