Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Houstondude

Reged: 01/15/11
What's happening to me?!?
      #253916 - 01/16/11 12:14 AM

Where to begin...I'm a 23 year old gay guy still in the closet. I'm still a virgin (unless you count oral) and have only 'messed around' with 3 guys before. I messed around with one guy in the last year and that was on 12/11/10. I met the guy online and we met in person after talking for a month.

On our 2nd date we made out like crazy and he gave me oral (unprotected) a few times that day. He swallowed my cum every time. I never sucked him off but he jerked off and came on my chest.

A few days after this possible exposure I started to get joint and muscle pains and started experiencing some fatigue. I researched online and looked up symptoms of HIV which started to freak me out. On day 9 I started getting a bit of a rash on my chest. This freaked me out even more so I went to a health center to get tested. I know it was too early for antibodies to be detected but the counselor tested me anyways for HIV and Syphilis. The results were both negative.

On January 3rd (3 weeks after possible exposure), I came down with a horrible cough. My sister had it too the same day so we both could have gotten a virus. The next day I couldn't keep anything down and vomited the whole day and night. I had a fever of 102.7 and my doctor put me on amoxicillin and tamiflu. My sister also developed a fever so it most probably was a virus that we both got. The high fever lasted for 3 days. On the 4th day after getting sick I got a horrible sore throat that lasted only that day and night. I still had a mild fever. That night I had terrible night sweats where my clothes, pillow and bedsheets were soaked. The night sweats lasted the next 5 nights, though the last 3 were not as bad as the first two, just my clothes were a little wet. My lymph nodes by my collar bone, under my armpits and in my groin got swollen too. This got me very paranoid so I went to get tested again at 3 1/2 weeks post exposure. I had a rapid oral and rapid blood test done, both came back negative.

I am now at week 5 and still have fatigue, some joint pain, and swollen lymph nodes in my neck, armpits, chest, and groin. I know that the risk of getting HIV from receiving oral sex is very low and I've seen that it's just 'theoretical' on some websites. I might just be a hypochondriac and imagining most symptoms, but this doesn't explain the swollen lymph nodes though right?

I'm filled with so much anxiety that I think about possibly having HIV almost 3/4 of every day. I wake up at least 3 or 4 times in the night and think about it. I am stressing out so much that it is affecting my functioning.

I'm planning on getting a rapid blood test done again this Friday, which will be a day short of 6 weeks after exposure. Is there any other STDs that I should be worrying about? Am I just going crazy? I don't know what I would do if I end up being positive. I'm still a virgin!

I guess all I could do is pray to god and hope for the best. Any feedback yall could give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for the time you have taken to read my post.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
UnLucky

Reged: 02/08/11
Re: What's happening to me?!? new
      #254285 - 02/08/11 02:33 PM

I'm praying for you !! and everybody (including myself) who're in the same boat.

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
Re: What's happening to me?!? new
      #254287 - 02/08/11 04:52 PM

like you have read, it's just a theoretical chance. the cdc estimates insertive oral intercourse risk as 0.5 out of 10,000 exposures. the odds are definitely on your side.

as for the symptoms you share with your sister, they are most definitely not HIV related, unless you think she had sex with the same guy. sounds like you both have the flu.

swollen lymph nodes can symptoms for anything, like that flu you have, not just HIV.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1665

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3