Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
anxiousinny

Reged: 01/03/11
Normal to schedule an appointment for results?
      #253799 - 01/04/11 05:06 PM

I just got tested for HIV last week. They said results would be back in 2-3 days, but never called, so I called them and they are in. (It's been 4 days). Anyway, I know they can't tell me over the phone, but i had to make an appointment-- and they couldn't get me in til Friday. It's Tuesday, so that feels like forever.

I guess I was under the impression that you just kind of walked in and got them. I don't know. Is it normal to have to make an appointment? The paranoid side of me thinks that I am positive, so that's why I need an appointment, and if I was negative, they'd just say come in and get them.

I've been sleeping with someone who is sexually active w/multiple partners. I have always used protection for vaginal intercourse, but never for oral. He's only ejaculated into my mouth once, and on another occasion semen got in my eye. However, i've given him unprotected oral sex (w/no ejaculation in my mouth) many times.

He says he's been tested recently and he is negative, but for some reason, I don't trust him. It could be that he has not been tested recently and doesn't want to admit it.

Anyway..... just wondering if it is normal to have to make an appointment. I'm so unhappy that it is 3 days away... ugh.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: Normal to schedule an appointment for results? new
      #253801 - 01/04/11 05:51 PM

At least you understand they can't give results out over the phone.

The phone call I had was much different from yours. It was mid-afternoon and they called to tell me that my results were in and they needed to see me that afternoon, never mind I had an appointment 4 days later.

If you had positive results do you think they would waste anytime in telling you that?

will_live2
Regular

Reged: 11/20/10
Re: Normal to schedule an appointment for results? new
      #253820 - 01/07/11 12:13 AM

i agree Jackie.... if u were pos.. im sure a nurse would have called u by now to have u to come in the office... im guessing ur ok.. when i took my hiv test ..the nurse called me two days later and told me that i was hiv pos...

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1474

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3