Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Weston
Unregistered

my situation
      #2536 - 04/04/00 11:06 PM

Hello. I think that answering my question will help a lot of people, please. On two ocassions, last being 3 months ago, i went with a transvestite prostitute wich is HIV + to help me get a make up done. We didnt got all of our clothes off, we stay with our briefs, and basically what she did to me was to apply her makeup stuff, (eyeliner, mascara and lipstick) to my face. I think she maybe touch my lips and my eyes and my face with her hands. Thats all. She basically help me putting the make up and wig. Then i touch her face and hug her and maybe a little kiss in her cheek and a little kiss in her lips not wet not french just lip to lip for a 1 second.. Almost between 6 or 8 weeks after that i had a terrible cold (coughing, a lot of MUCUS in throat), no high fever no fatigue, a sore throat, my tonsils got infected (pus) and develop a terrible allergy rhinitis, today, almost 4 months since that i still have rhinitis but getting well with nasal spray. So I got nervouos and got an antibody test exactly at 3 months after that exposure, it result negative. I was happy for two days, but now i feel very bad, cant sleep, with the tought that i may be infected. I think what if, since shes hiv + and a prostitute (very high viral load i guesss) i got infected by using her makeup, or maybe she got a little blood on her hand or anywhere else and when she was touching my face or when i hug her i got infected because my lips were very broken or i got a paper cut or another cut i didnt notice or what if somehow her blood anyway got into my body? I live in Costa Rica, and they say hiv test to be 6 months after exposure, but i dont want to take another one. I read a lot of places that says 3 months is sufficient. but what if i trust those places (3 months) and have a normal life and sex with my girlfriend and infected she? I cant sleep, you dont know how bad i feel. Is the antibody test in Costa Rica, Central America, less accurate or obsolete than in Europe or Usa that they say six months. Could i have HIV? Please help me, im almost dying of fear. Sometimes for a minute or two i say, hey your fine, you tested negative at 3 months but then i tought again about all of what if, what if' What if she indeed infected me, what if im the one who tested negative at 3 but positive at 6, what about all the symptons i had (sore throath, infected and pus tonsils, rhinitis). Please, help me and answer me. Be honest, and negative.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Storyteller
Unregistered

Re: my situation new
      #2537 - 04/04/00 11:07 PM

Im pretty sure that you are all right. You were at very low risk. Although eye makeup is not the healthiest to apply to different people. you can get diferent eye infections. buy your own makeup and forget about HIV

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1338

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3