Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
roma2010
All Star

Reged: 07/23/10
to all the worried wells...
      #253330 - 11/29/10 02:22 PM

XMRV is a new retrovirus recently discovered in 2006 and is now being linked to conditions like MS,CFS, autism and fibro, this is a much much easier virus to get than HIV because a lot of people that have it don't know it or think they have some kind of autoimmune problem like the ones mentioned above, people with these conditions generally have therapies and treatments to control the symptoms but do not take antivirals because they have been led to believe that they have some unknown disease, since they don't take antivirals they have a high viral load and shed more virus when having sex which is way it's easier to get it then HIV the girl i was sexually involved with told me she had been dealing with atypical MS for the last 6 years and my first possible diagnostic after a brain MRI showed brain demyelination was MS which brought me to the conclusion that a virus causes MS, all this time i have been telling my doctors that i got something infectious and they kept sticking to their MS story well finally like two weeks ago the girl i was with called me and said she tested positive for XMRV, when i was wit this girl i remember seeing the condom being fine when i pulled out then we switched positions and i was in her like 3-5 minutes no more then that and when i finished i pulled out and noticed the condom had broken, so it only took 3-5 minutes of having sex with a broken condom for me to get infected with this. and for what i have been reading it is estimated that about 2-4 million people in USA might be infected with XMRV...research is being done currently to determine the prevalence of XMRV in the above mentioned conditions but initial studies have shown that all MS,CFS,Autism and Fibro could be caused by XMRV which makes a lot more sense then"we don't know what causes these conditions"

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

Reged: 05/24/07
Re: to all the worried wells... new
      #253353 - 11/30/10 10:33 PM

I see you over at Phoenix rising told you it was not HIV glad you found out it was XMRV now you have some treatment options on the horizon I to await them

roma2010
All Star

#253376 - 12/02/10 04:36 PM

yeah im seeing a really good doctor that has been treating CFS patients for many many years with good results and this was even before the xmrv discovery i saw him yesterday for the first time and next appointment hes already gonna start me on some IV stuff because i have what it seems to be progressive demyelination which usually happens with MS...as well...are you having or had demyelination or any brain lesions?

JER2
Fanatic

Reged: 11/30/10
Re: to all the worried wells... *DELETED* new
      #253380 - 12/02/10 11:10 PM

Post deleted by JER2

roma2010
All Star

#253381 - 12/03/10 09:37 AM

click on my name and then click "show all posts" you will read all my story here and my symptoms..

jrob123

Reged: 08/05/10
      #253419 - 12/05/10 05:02 PM

Sorry to hear about the news my friend, hopefully doctors canfibd a solution to this new epidemic along with HIV.
I am wondering can Xmrv be transmitted by skin to skin contact?

roma2010
All Star

#253527 - 12/12/10 05:24 PM

this is a retrovirus which is transmitted the same was as HIV

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3604

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3