Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
bashy

Reged: 11/01/10
Still Worried
      #253101 - 11/13/10 06:18 AM

Hi had a HIV Scare 4 years ago had panicked after developing flu like symptoms 10 days after I then did 16 tests in 9 months all the different ones PCR < HIV duo , Antibody tests all came back negative, but 6 months ago I developed a case of Shingles which brought back my anxieties and I rushed and got another duo test done which was Negative but now six months on Im gettin Hives and stange dark marks and bruising on leg and its beggining to freak me out again in case Ive got some undetectable strain of HIV, please help.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: Still Worried new
      #253102 - 11/13/10 07:28 AM

Help? How? If you have an undectectable strain of HIV then just what do you expect anyone to do? You can't be treated for what doesn't exist. As long as we're on the subject of some undetectable disease....who's to say it's even HIV and not some new thing no one knows about. Too bad you couldn't just accept your negative tests and understand that people have health issues that have nothing to do with HIV all the time. If you understood that you now wouldn't be facing some unknown, undetecable disease that no one can confirm. Sounds like you're shit out of luck.

bashy

#253103 - 11/13/10 07:42 AM

I know I sound like a classic worried well but the symptoms are dictating my thoughts, ecspecailly the shingles even thought he case was mild, do you think with so much testing theres any chance that HIV could be missed,

Jackie__Blue
Legend

#253104 - 11/13/10 07:49 AM

OK, so you think HIV is the cause of your shingles. Pray tell, just what the hell has caused Shingles for the hundreds of years BEFORE HIV existed.

You don't just sound like a classic worried well.

bashy

#253126 - 11/14/10 06:54 PM

I know what you are Izabella but its the conicidence of it all, i was wondering if there others with similar circumstances, people who have been worried for so many years after so many tests?

Jackie__Blue
Legend

#253127 - 11/14/10 07:57 PM

"i was wondering if there others with similar circumstances, people who have been worried for so many years after so many tests? "

Well of course there are sweetheart. You're just on the wrong type of board that's all. You need to find yourself a mental health forum that specializes in people with HIV Phobia. That's where you will find the people you need to connect with.

bashy

#253279 - 11/24/10 05:45 AM

I know it is strange to be so concerned about test results that are negative, I mean if you had a negative diabetes result anyone would move on, but with HIV every symotom seems to relate to it , has anyone succesfully got rid of their fear of HIV after not believing HIV neg results after some time, if so how.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2335

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3