Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
lifemistake1

Reged: 11/07/10
unluckiest man on the earth
      #252980 - 11/07/10 12:50 PM

hy there...
i am from croatia, a land where hiv is not really spread....800 of 4,5 milion people... one night i had protected vaginal sex with a girl who after that sad to me that she once took a heroin injection.... from that i was really scared.. she sad that i am not in danger because she did test for all drug disease after that before 2 years, because her mom found out... after that she had three partners, they werent gay or on drugs... what concerne me, is that before i put a condom we were touching our genitalias wihout penetration for a minute or two... i also fingered her, but i didnt have any cuts, maybe hangnail, but i dont know...
after three and a half weeks, after three days of hard training in the gym, after whole summer of chilling, one night after training i went out hot in wet tshirt, and stayed on the cold one hour... next day i saw that herpes simplex labialis is goning to be crated, so i thought it was from that girl... i went to measure a temperature, it was 37... (in my town it was really hot theese days). i was in shock....i went to internet to find everything about ARS and went on another training... my temperature didnt fall,i measured it every half an hour, i was in so much stress... in the morning and at night it was 36.6 and during the day it was 37.1-37-2, maksimum to 37.4 in about 18h...temperature lasted 7-8 days, and 5. day of temperature i went to doctor and he said to me i have faringitis.. i went to do my blood picture, it was really bad.. trombocites were 155, ( i took 3 aspirins day before) lymfocites were 1.70, leukocites 7.6...
after 3 weeks of that temperature i measured again temperature of 37.3... maybe it is my normal temperature, or it was caused by stress... i also read that stress can affect on my blood count.. i didnt have rush, or diahrea, or throwing up....i also have a polip in my nose, and sometimes i feel preasure in sinuses...

1. how are my chances of getting infection on that way??

2. could these simptoms and blood picture be my fantasy or any other disease??

please people, my whole family is upset, i am waiting for three more weeks to get tested after three months.... my stress is.... i really dont know....
AM I THE UNLUCKIEST MAN ON THE WORLD??? (((

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
klclt

Reged: 03/03/10
Re: unluckiest man on the earth new
      #252981 - 11/07/10 06:24 PM

I didn't have a single symptom before I tested positive, and only found out on accident.

Your symptoms could be HIV, or they could be stress, or they could be that's it's hot and the moon is in the house of Aquarius.

If you want to know for sure, get a blood test run 3 months past the time of possible exposure. If it's negative, then you're fine.

lifemistake1

#252992 - 11/08/10 06:35 AM

yes, but also, i found a post from one man, who said that he was with prostitute, and his case was like mine, and doctor bob said that there is no chance for transmition.... so maybe if i am positive he could be more careful with tellling people like that.... he told him to go on testing only for his psychichal peace, and in another case he said there is no posibility for transmision...

still i hope, he was wright like most of the times..

lifemistake1

#252993 - 11/08/10 06:44 AM

yes, i will go for test for sure, but if anybody has an idea... on other places people also said me that my chances for transmition are zero....

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

Reged: 05/24/07
      #252995 - 11/08/10 09:05 AM

klclt does not read the posts she or he answers I guess. You did not have any exposure you do not need to test because you where not at risk from HIV fingering is not a risk

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
      #253005 - 11/08/10 12:24 PM

first of all, if, as you say, croatia only has 800/4,500,000 people infected with HIV, then statistically speaking, both you and the woman you slept with have a very good chance of being negative.

but assuming she is positive, your encounter was not risky. the touching genitals without penetration (known as frottage) is not considered an HIV risk. nor is fingering, even if you had cuts, hangnail, etc.

you do not need to test. continue to use protection when having sex. you are definitely nowhere near being the unluckiest man on earth because of this.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

lifemistake1

#253009 - 11/08/10 01:46 PM

thank you... still for my own peace i will do the test... i will send a message with my results.... dear people, thank you

klclt

Reged: 03/03/10
      #253010 - 11/08/10 02:19 PM

Oh, you're right, I misread that as "unprotected vaginal sex." My bad.

lifemistake1

#253190 - 11/18/10 06:30 AM

hey people, i am the luckist man on the planet now...
i went to testing after 80 days of my exposure and it came back NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thank to you people, i will donate for you...
i had simptoms, i had low limfocites and trombocites, my spleen was bigger ( doctor told me that after my story, probably he was scared too, he also told me i have alittle bigger limph noddles), i had all, simptoms and signs from acute hiv infection...
my risk was protected sex, but when your brain start to work simptoms, i wasnt sure any longer that my condom didnt broke, no matter i checked it during the intercourse, and after....

PEOPLE, DONT LOOK YOUR SIMPTOMS, DONT GO ON INTERNET, DONT TAKE YOU BLOOD PICTURE, YOU WILL HAVE ALL OF SIMPTOMS!!!!!!

THE MAIN THING IS HOW BIG YOUR RISK WAS, AND IF YOU THINK YOU NEED TO GO ON TEST, GO, BUT FORGET ABOUT SIMPTOMS, THEY REALLY DONT MEAN ANYTHING!!!!

one last question, i tested after 11 and a half weeks, 80 days... is my test conclusive??? because i read 3 months means 84 four days, is it true???

GOOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
      #253210 - 11/18/10 01:44 PM

yes, your negative test results are conclusive. good day.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
      #253214 - 11/18/10 02:13 PM

Congrats. Cover up for sex and you won't have to go through this again.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4023

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3