Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
innerpeacedude

Reged: 11/01/10
am i? worried! still sane...losing it day by day.
      #252858 - 11/02/10 10:25 AM

I was a virgin and 4weeks back, I had an encounter with 2 different sex workers.

Day 1
I had unprotected oral as I licked her vagina for about a minute max. then I felt guilty I stopped. No sex with her.

Day 2
I had another encounter with a different one, She was very careful which I noticed of. I sucked her from lips down to bottom but she stopped me when I was heading for the vagina. Then she put on a condom on me, did oral for a about 30secs, as she showed me how the many positions were. It basically lasted for about 5mins max. No anal. No oral from me this second round. Just me receiving and me inserting.

Results
3days after, I had my mind went berserk as I started searching for HIV symptoms on the net and stuffs. I couldn't sleep every night. I stare at the mirror almost everyday. on the 3rd week, I developed symptoms of dry lips and dry mouth, as I barely had saliva in me. Then there was a small lump on my right cheek under my ear. both lasted for 2 WEEKS till now! Other than that, everythings fine on me.

Today is the first day of week5. I need to see a psychiatrist or a doctor...both infact! I'm worried sick. The more I stare at the mirror and stay awake for nights, the more i'm starting to see things!

QUESTIONS
1. Can I have a medical check-up without ruining my life medical record? Is 5 weeks good enough?
2. Has anyone of you gotten such symptoms and yet, come back with a negative results? (i really need a positive answer as I'm indeed going insane day by day)

I need somebody to talk to me! Thank You very much for your answers and support.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

Reged: 05/24/07
Re: am i? worried! still sane...losing it day by day. new
      #252863 - 11/02/10 12:53 PM

There is nothing to be concerned about you are just feeling guilty stop doing that to yourself we are all human. just continue to use a condom for insertive vaginal or anal sex and you will be fine no risk

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
      #252866 - 11/02/10 02:25 PM

first of all, you were using a condom, so you were not at risk. and oral sex is very, very, very, very low risk.

that being said, you'll probably still want to know that when it comes to testing for HIV, 12 weeks after the exposure is considered conclusive. (not that you need a test)

your symptoms mean nothing because there are no reliable HIV symptoms. and yes, there are countless people who have "symptoms" like you, if not worse, and come back with negative results.

bottom line, what you did was not risky at all and you do not need to worry about HIV. if this was your first experiences and you're freaking out, oh boy...

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

susan52732

Reged: 06/07/06
      #252883 - 11/02/10 08:37 PM

I'm so confused...I looked at your post because your name was 'inner peace dude'.
I hope you find some inner peace. I'm sorry you are feeling so worried-maybe you do need some reassurances from a doctor or therapist. I'm all for that. But, really, you need to take care of yourself as a whole person--sexually, physically, spirtually....So, yes, maybe you need to figure out why you are so panicky in the first place...
I'm thinking you are very young....But, at least in the U.S., you do have some rights, as far as confidentiality and legal protections go, if you are positive.
Next time you could save yourself a lot of grief by practicing safe sex...you can still do a lot! But I'd recommend you make an appoinment with your health care provider--or call the local public health hotline to get some answers. Knowledge is power, and all that. And take care of yourself and don't be so hard on yourself. I'm guessing you will turn out to be fine (but, again, I am no doctor!). Good luck.

chrisbadmushroom
Guardian

Reged: 05/24/07
      #252884 - 11/02/10 08:44 PM

did you even read his post susan52732 ? He did use protection and oral is not a considerable risk so why would he need to see his DR?

mrworried1981

Reged: 10/05/10
Loc: California
      #252892 - 11/02/10 11:02 PM

I agree with the mushroom and bartely. You are at very low risk. Jst get tested at the 3 month mark and most likely you will test negative. The test would be just for peace of mind. Get tested for other std's hiv is not the only one out there but most likely you will test negative as well. Again this is just for peace of mind. Good luck and let us know your test results

innerpeacedude

Reged: 11/01/10
      #252927 - 11/04/10 09:22 AM

Dear all,

Thank you very much on your reply. Yes indeed day by day I'm sure many questions poured in with all the almost mere actions and worries from many people, but I thank you all for replying.

chrisbadmushroom & bartleby
I'm not a show off but I gotta say I have many girls around me as I'm a pretty smooth guy. BUT I never had sex before and Indeed this is my first. I never had dry mouth all along and its killing me now.

susan52732
innerpeace gives me a sense of being calm during this situation. I am totally in care physically, etc before this. I DIDNT want to, but somehow got into it wanting to see how its like before I made a move with proper girls. I regret honestly.

mrworried1981
thank you for the note. its comforting to see replies from you guys as soon as this gives me a sense of mind.

Dear all,

I cant stand my total dry mouth now and I think my saliva glands are killing me. I'm heading for a check-up on this tomorrow. Felt tingle on my ear and my headache is a little off balance.

THANK YOU all for the replies. It will indeed calm me a little. My 3 months mark would be end of the year. I couldnt believe I'm going through madness in a split second after a beautiful life around all along.

Anyway, thanks once again. and nice seeing notes from you guys! cheers mate! have a beautiful month.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2079

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3