Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

blood supply
      #25262 - 12/05/01 07:12 PM

How safe is our blood supply, what if someone does test neg several times but is indeed reallt infected what makes american red cross any better at catching the small handful of people that are infected unknowingly donating is the test more accurate or do they use ceartin test to catch all infected pepole before and after the window period i know the antigen will pick up early infection but how safe can we feel if there is late stage infection not showing up on standard elisa what other test do they perform before they are sure that america;s blood supply is safe to give to a person needing blood
god bless

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: blood supply new
      #25263 - 12/05/01 07:50 PM

i guess the handful slip through the cracks you cannot catch all that is infected they just use antigen and antibody test so for the late stage hivers not showing on antibody test the red cross doesnt use a test for that

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: blood supply new
      #25269 - 12/05/01 11:26 PM

Will you idiots stop with the late stage aids patients not having antibodies bullsh*t this is not a common occurence it happens once in a while and only when a person is literally dying of aids. christ you people grasp on to any little bit of info and screw it all up! these people that it has happened to are not walking around let alone donating blood! besides the fact that they would be so sick it would be noticeable something was wrong with them.
get a life already!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1066

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3