Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
notyet

Reged: 09/24/10
Waiting for test results due in the AM
      #252236 - 09/24/10 10:20 PM

I went in for a test after a risky encounter but I know it is still too early to give me any real comfort. I can't place the date exactly but I feel fairly certain that the contact was between 4 and 6 weeks ago. I let a guy bareback me for only a few strokes before I pulled away but about 5 days later I got a rash on my torso that lasted about 4 or five days, on day three of the rash it was on my legs as well. I had sore glands in my neck. and runny poo as well. maybe i'm just another worried well, but to me I'm certain I have it and it is nerve racking playting this waiting game.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
amorie223
Fanatic

Reged: 08/01/10
Re: Waiting for test results due in the AM new
      #252237 - 09/24/10 10:24 PM

think positive..let us know..

Edited by amorie223 (09/24/10 10:25 PM)

themushroom
All Star

Reged: 02/18/10
      #252238 - 09/24/10 11:18 PM

amorie223 you are a idiot!! anyway to the original poster you had a potential exposure anytime you risk unprotected (or bareback) sex, and while a 6 week test is very encouraging its not concludive till 3 months. Do your self a favor and have worry free protected from now on

amorie223
Fanatic

#252239 - 09/24/10 11:32 PM

look think whatever you feel llike i dont care what you say or think of me.. i am been honest and real to this person when i whish him or her luck on his or her results..

yes i have tested twice so far i am negative i hope i at 6 months it still remaind negative... yes i had a potential exposure like many people on this site. i am worry free because hiv its like any other disease outhere. yes at first was shocking i overpass that stage. so do your self a favor take care of yourself..

amorie223
Fanatic

#252240 - 09/24/10 11:35 PM

i forgot to mention i think you are the only idiot in here. everytime i read a post i see you always trying to put people down with your stupid comments but sweetty it doesnt work for me.. let your positive anger go away. LET IT GOOOOOOO MOVE ON.. some people in here are very unproffesional ..

amorie223
Fanatic

#252242 - 09/24/10 11:45 PM

oh by the way i said to think positive in the sense he or she is NEGATIVE... idiot so do your self a favor re think bfore you act... i m sorry to the rest of you guys have to read all this but this person like other like to attack people like me that come to this site to either find conmfort, look for answers or because they cant talk to friends and family about the situation because some are afraid to be judge or discriminate so they come here and get aim by some individuals ... but they dont stop me i continue to come here have made a lot of friends..

Impossible
Fanatic

Reged: 08/19/10
      #252245 - 09/25/10 03:01 AM

Themushroom where are you an idiot? People very often see traits in others that they have themselves. You know like cheaters thinking their partner is a cheater, their are countless other examples as well.

I feel it's uncalled for you to insult her due to some judgement you've made about her.

notyet

Reged: 09/24/10
      #252246 - 09/25/10 12:21 PM

Well.... so far so good. Test results were negative. I know its too early to woo hoo and I'll test agin at 3 and 6 months but I had to get the test even though its only been around 5 or 6 weeks.

amorie223
Fanatic

#252247 - 09/25/10 01:18 PM

thats good your results were negative. test back at 3 and 6 months to ruled out hiv. keep a positive mind everything will be ok..
we are all here for the same reason...
take care of your self and practice safe sex.

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
      #252248 - 09/25/10 03:12 PM

Congrats on the negative. You can certainly breath a sigh of relief. A negative at 6 weeks is an excellent indicator that your final test at 3 months will also be negative. With the advent of the current tests it has been found that a 6 week negative is almost 100% accurate and doctors are not seeing that 6 week negative turn into a 3 month postive. This is why many progressive European countries and even the state of Massachusetts have decided to ignore the antiquated CDC recommendations and say that a 6 week test is conclusive. The CDC recommendations were put in place in 2001. During the Bush era faith-based sex education and health care rein. It's only been recently that the United States lifted their fear-based travel ban.

They didn't stop developing and refining the tests since 2001 and the tests that have been developed since then have only increased the accuracy and decrease the window period. People are now testing postive by 4 weeks with most that are postive testing postive by 6 weeks.

Test at 3 months for a final peace of mind test and be done with this....otherwise you risk a far more insidous and dangerous malaise. Becoming an HIV hypocondric such as you will find infesting many an HIV forum.

Jackie__Blue
Legend

#252249 - 09/25/10 03:19 PM

Quote:

think positive..let us know..

WTF....errr can we say probably not the best choice of words for people praying for a result other than a POSITIVE one. LOL. No wonder your baby daddy can snow you with the story he got HIV from a prank needle stick while hanging out at the beach with his friends....in the mountains.

Not the brightest bulb in the circuit, are you?

amorie223
Fanatic

#252250 - 09/25/10 03:25 PM

yea, yea... does it matter if he got prank or adquire hiv because he was sleepying around? he has it and dont make any diference to me how he got it.. what matters and count he has someone like me that still support him and that is there for him.

Jackie__Blue
Legend

#252251 - 09/25/10 03:48 PM

It will not surprise me to hear that you test postive at one point down the road and it won't be because previous tests were inaccurate. You're HIV negative right now, but I doubt you will continue in your relationship and stay that way.

I did my final paper in college on woman at risk of HIV in abusive relationships. You are a text book example of the type of woman that is vulnerable for acquiring HIV in a relationship.

You chose to believe his lies instead of standing up to him and demanding the truth. You take him back after you know he has been cheating on you. You dismiss and excuse his abusive behavior toward you. You defend him even though he is clearly causing you harm. You self-medicate yourself with alcohol and probably drugs in order to try to ease the pain and hurt he deals you daily.

You are the woman that when he says 'Oh but baby, it feels so good without it. I just wanna feel YOU.' will allow him to have his unprotected sex. You will do it because for whatever reason you have lost any self-esteem and are deathly afraid of being rejected. All he has to do is hint that he will leave you if you don't do what he wants.

So go ahead, protect and defend him. It's your life you are playing with.....literally.

amorie223
Fanatic

#252253 - 09/25/10 04:29 PM

i thank you for your concern if i decide to remain negative or become positive will be my decisoin. i know what i need to do to remain negative so i have put it in practice so far its good.. yes i defend him like any of you will defend a love one .i dont condole hes pass behavior but everyone should have a second chance why not him? he is has issues like anyone else has . if you mean demanding the thruth about how he became infected would it make a difference? well not on my page the fact is hes hiv positive the truth will not change he status. so i just choose to move on and be supportive. i am a strong person this is why i am still standing here do you think because of what ever that transby in my life i will become a drug addict or an alcoholic i dont think so i am too good for that and i have goals ahead to destroy my life with things like that .i ease my pain by coming to this site and read good comments and positive stories not to waste my time with sarcastic and judgmental comments that people might make which dont really bothers me. i ease my pain by praying and maintaing a positve mind and keeping neagtive thoughs and eople away from me and mines.. ...
not all of us might have a perfect life or relationship like you probably had. maybe you didnt go through what i have beeen or many other in here have but we still maintaining which is the most important and what counts ..
it seems that many people in this site tends to stuck them self in previous threat or like to keep bringing things up over n over whats wrong with moving on i thinks its more healthy.. yes me and my bf have move one to a better relationship thngs are working perfect. its sad that yes sometimes bad things have to happend so people can learn. but we all learn from our own mistakes. haven't you?..

Jackie__Blue
Legend

#252254 - 09/25/10 05:44 PM

Quote:

...if i decide to remain negative or become positive will be my decisoin.

That is true. I only hope you aren't too disappointed when you become HIV+ and find the real world crashes in and you find the fantasy you believe in today was just a puff of smoke and your worst nightmare becomes reality, you are alone.

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/women_abuse/66468

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/05/090521195702.htm

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15121402

http://ajph.aphapublications.org/cgi/reprint/90/4/560.pdf

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9405

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3