Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Swollen lymphnodes?
      #25221 - 12/04/01 05:17 PM

I am today at 10 weeks after a one time risky behaviour (oral sex on prostitute, rubbing of penis head on vaginal lips before condom intercourse). Lately I've occasionally felt a slight discomfort on the side of the throat (under the chin), on alternating sides. The same in my groin area. How can I check for swollen lymph nodes, and what are the chances that this would be a symptom now after 10 weeks (it's been happening for the last 1-2 weeks). I had a negative test after 5 weeks, and few other symptoms (occasional night sweat, couple of small red pinhead size spots on arms and torso, diarrhea for a couple of days a week after exposure, no fever or weight loss). My immune system seems to work fine, quick healing of cuts and resisted cold/flu when partner and coworkers came down with this. Don't know if this implies anything, but I am looking for comfort anywhere I can find it. Tested clear for other STDs.

Waiting for 12 weeks to retest will put me at having to wait until after Xmas for the result. This is driving me nuts. Please help with any advice you have, and keep me in your prayers as I keep you all in mine.

God bless and all the best for the holiday season.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Swollen lymphnodes? new
      #25222 - 12/04/01 06:10 PM

I am pretty much in the same situation as you (exposure and timing). I will be at 10 weeks on Wed. I plan to test at 11 weeks in order to get results before xmas.

I have had swollen nodes under my chin and a sore throat for 8 weeks now! The doctor said these nodes are not critical in any diagnosis because they can react to anything. The sore/dry throat & tongue is probably from continuelly forcing my tongue against my upper palette. The stress of the situation also gave me some diarrhea, sore neck and shoulders, and night sweats

After xmas I will be out of the country for a month. From what I have read and the fact that my body has always reacted quickly and efficiently to flus etc and my exposure, like yours, was 1 time - not too high risk, I feel comfortable that an 11 week test will give me the info I need.

Shane
Unregistered

#25223 - 12/04/01 06:23 PM

I can tell you this with absolute certainty...if you obsess (which I do too) and are constantly checking and re-checking, anything and everything will be out of sorts...Lymphs included. I wish I could tell you why, but I can't...all I can say is that it happens. When I had my first HIV scare YEARS ago, the lymph thing is all I knew about due to the fact there was no Internet and the only info was in the book stores in medical manuals...they never talked about ARS...anyway when I read that, I flipped out and my Lymph got sorer and sorer, larger and larger...anytime I read about a symptom "or" wonder if what I have is a symptom it gets worse and worse...This is a common phenomenon.

You'll be fine...

Peace
Shane

Shane
Unregistered

#25224 - 12/04/01 06:24 PM

I agree that your 11 week test will put this to rest...

Peace
Shane

Anonymous
Unregistered

#25226 - 12/04/01 06:33 PM

Fever and swollen nodes are the most Common symptoms.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#25228 - 12/04/01 08:10 PM

WHAT WAS YOUR RISK???

Anonymous
Unregistered

#25253 - 12/05/01 02:59 PM

Thanks everyone for your replies and support! I have decided to test tomorrow since it is my last chance to test and get the result before Christmas. After tomorrow I will be travelling until it's too late to get the result before Christmas. I cannot wait until after Christmas, I will truly go insane. I probably will retest after Christmas to make sure I have a true 3 month result - provided I should be lucky enough to have a negative result on tomorrow's test.
God bless you all! Please pray for me like I daily pray for all of you.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1722

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3