Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
themushroom
All Star

Reged: 02/18/10
cure!!!
      #252144 - 09/17/10 06:50 PM

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition...cells-1.311823

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Impossible
Fanatic

Reged: 08/19/10
Re: cure!!! new
      #252148 - 09/18/10 10:00 AM

Hopefully it's a cure. Although to honest I'm not fully sure they can know 100% the cells are destroyed when they can't isolate the HIV virus. Although it would seem that if the HIV infected cells weren't destroyed they would replicate in the human HIV culture over the course of 2 weeks which would make the viral load detectable or the HIV DNA PCR positive. Thus they must have surely tested their initially infected HIV culture with DNA and RNA PCR's two weeks after using or applying this treatment in order to determine the HIV infected cells were destroyed.

With that said it does sound quite promising, while very preliminary hopefully it all pans through as being effective with the next phases of testing for this treatment that kills HIV infected cells.

Stuart_Lanning

Reged: 09/11/10
Loc: California
      #252160 - 09/19/10 10:28 PM

You HAVE to admit they are serious enough to grab a patent... Seems nobody gets patents anymore which this patent they have retrieved will raise some eyebrows!!! I BELIEVE this one and I am an eleven year skeptic! They have done this exact same thing over ten years ago at the University of Texas but, the Doctor never even followed through with the patent. Part of it was they felt the Drug and Food Administration would have shot them down and they would have. This attitude carried on for years until I finally just gave up reading about test tube trials. THIS seems truly promising and if it works, Israel will be bringing this into the U.S. even if they have to smuggle it at first. Just as Enigma once put it "the eyes of Truth are always watching you." Damn, I even got tingles! Thanks for posting this!

Impossible
Fanatic

Reged: 08/19/10
      #252164 - 09/20/10 04:45 AM

Something similar has been discovered in Illinois

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/25859/trim5a-hiv-assassin/

"Naturally, pharmaceutical corporations will waste no time in researching ways to mimic the protein and profit on their investment."

This comment strikes me as odd are they implying that there isn't much money to be made off this from pharmaceutical corporations compared to ARV drugs? Therefore they will not waste any time on it.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2055

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3