Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

is it correct?
      #25206 - 12/04/01 11:16 AM

I had a protected sex with a prostitute 1 month ago and had very mild potential symptoms in this 1 month.. I was extremely worried because I had fingered her , and I bite my nails so there are few light cuts next to my nails which very rarely bleeds... altough there was no scars on my finger that night, I become very curious.. well , I had

1. a very small canker sore after 3 days and lasted few hours , than gone..
2. very mild pharyngitis lasted 2 weeks.. (it wasn't hurting..just my throath was red) [[I hope pharyngitis occured because of the weather, it's very cold outside and I don't wear any sweaters :)]]

I read and heard that ARS symptoms are *usually* severe.. but my symptoms are very very mild and I hadn't any fever which is specially most common symptom..

what do you think?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: is it correct? new
      #25208 - 12/04/01 11:33 AM

ARS is not canker sores or a mildly red throat. Besides you used protection. Condoms are a very effective barrier. Studies show that in sero-discordant couples that use protection the rate of tranmission if virtually nil.

Lot's of people bite their finger nails, but I don't believe there is a recorded case of tranmission from that in 20 years. It just doesn't happen.

Shane
Unregistered

#25209 - 12/04/01 11:54 AM

If you should take anyone's advice, it's Jackie's. She knows what she is talking about.

Peace
Shane

Anonymous
Unregistered

#25229 - 12/04/01 08:18 PM

why would you listen to us if you won't listen to the experts? we've answered you, Kull answered you and I am pretty sure you had other people answer you!
You didn't have a risk. Not even a potential risk.
It is amazing how you can look so hard at symptoms etc yet ignore the facts of hiv transmission.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1514

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3