Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
yoshimi2

Reged: 09/07/10
Exhausted, Confused, and Angst Ridden.
      #251976 - 09/07/10 11:02 AM

Last November I had an unprotected sexual encounter with a hiv poitive man (I am female, 52), he did not tell me his status.
I did not think about the risk involved.

In January I developed a stubborn mouth ulcer, severe bone pain which I had to take pain killers for, nausea, and fatigue.

Immeiately after this, my bowle movements became loose, I begn to loose weight rapidly. These symptoms progressed, during he course of the last six months to: night sweats, chils, fevers, skin allergies,slow healing wounds, bleeding gums, urine infections, thrsh: feelig sticky all over; a dry cough; and sebborec dermatitis (cradel cap). All are clasic hiv symptoms.

I have had three hiv tests, after the six month period, all are negative. My doctor says that the symptoms are physchomatic I do not believe him.

Why dont I believe him? Because the timing, I have always been healthy, and then, just after a UPS with someone positive, I develop these symptoms. Also, I did not relate any of the symptoms to hiv until May - so I was not sitting there worryng about hiv.

What am I going to do? Can anybody out there advise me? All I have done since May, is think of nothing but hiv, my life, and my hobbies, are a thing of the past, I now live in a world of my own, and look out at the world, believing I am hiv positive. My doc wants me to see a shrink. I MEAN, ALL MY SYMPTOMS ARE CLASSIC HIV. HELP? BY the way, I had only just moved here to Ireland, when this hapened, and dont know anybody - I was planning to move over to the continental Europe to be with my daughter, but now this has happened - I dont know what to do. My life is falling into ribbons.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
Re: Exhausted, Confused, and Angst Ridden. new
      #251979 - 09/07/10 11:47 AM

Your three negative test results outside the window period are conclusive. You don't have HIV. Whatever is causing your symptoms it's not HIV.

I suggest you stop thinking it's HIV. Maybe it is just psychosomatic. Maybe it's something else. Maybe it's a tapeworm. You'll never know if you keep looking for HIV.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

themushroom
All Star

Reged: 02/18/10
      #251982 - 09/07/10 05:18 PM

look into XMRV and MLVs also there are many of us that are going through the same type of thing check it out
http://chronicsorethroat.wordpress.com/2007/05/27/chronic-sore-throat/

schokoo
Regular

Reged: 04/05/10
      #251983 - 09/07/10 05:24 PM

When was ur last test-at 6 month or more than 6 month?
How do u know that ur partner have hiv, if u dont know his status? did he confess afterwards. May u give more detail please?

yoshimi2

to Bartelby new
      #251989 - 09/08/10 06:58 AM

Hi There Bartelby, thankx for your mail. I do hope you are right. I am so feckin freaked out that I cant think of anything ele. Only because the symtoms are the same as hiv. I will have to do one more test, with a different doctor, and if that is negative, than I will probably need counselling. Your very kind to write back to me Bartelby. Many thanks indeed. Greetings from the Inferno.

yoshimi2

to shoko new
      #251990 - 09/08/10 07:01 AM

I know because somebody told me that he is infected, plus he has a protease paunch. the last test was seven months.;
I am still freaked out. thanks for your help.

schokoo
Regular

Reged: 04/05/10
Re: to shoko new
      #252010 - 09/09/10 05:45 PM

Quote:

I know because somebody told me that he is infected, plus he has a protease paunch. the last test was seven months.;
I am still freaked out. thanks for your help.

What a protease paunch ? i didnt know that it has got anything to do with being hiv pos. come oooooon, pleasee.

in my country, we have got a hiv comunnity, which present all historys of hiv pos people and worried well people which means they havnt got anything to do with hiv but they belive that they are hiv pos. There was a guy who has the same history like you, he has a sexual encountr with a russian girl, and a friend told him that the girl has hiv. he was so worried and had lots of symphtoms, he has lots of test done, and the same symptoms has his wife too. but his test proves that he hasnt got hiv,like you. becouse,7 month negative means that you are abslutly neg. dont give a s.. about ur symphtoms.

on the other hand, u are 52 year old right? imagen that you are hiv pos,(Which is impossible) with new medication u will live 30-40 years. it means 80-90 of age. u'll also live such long time if u are hiv neg. but i know its hard to live as pos, but you dont need to think about those things cose u are NEG.
7 month neg anti hiv test dosent gonna be pos period.
But i know exacly what u feel.because ive got the same feelings.
Take care. and sorry for my English

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3146

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3