Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
roma2010
All Star

Reged: 07/23/10
could this be possible?
      #251845 - 08/27/10 10:52 AM

i have had chronic back pain for 9 years due to surgery back in 2001 i also have a cyst behind my knee cap that was removed like 3 years ago but it came back like a year ago, anyways the back pain is not too bad but is there and the knee hasn't really bothered me much up until recently like a month ago it really started bothering me really bad (maybe bcus hiv) would it be possible that this two would be the reason my body is not producing hiv antibodies besides my symptoms which some i still have including dermatofibromas, white coated tongue with teeth marks on side and recently i noticed my right eye tingles a lot, also my brain doesn't seem to function properly as i can't concentrate as much besides all these i keep feeling that my upper lip burns a lot so im thinking i probably got herpes too which i haven't gotten tested for, anyways would these be a reason why my body wouldn't be producing antibodies? seriously i don't know what to do anymore im going crazy i keep noticing more and more withe blotches in my skin all over, i keep loosing weight i was 175 lbs 3 months ago right now im 162lbs everybody at work keeps asking me what the hell is wrong with me? i dunno what to tell them ...i can't see anymore doctors i literally have no money im broke and with a bunch a hospital bills coming my way i dunno how im gonna pay them i have been in the ER 4 times in the last two months with no diagnosis...one more thing i called the Dr who ordered my PCR RNA which was supposed to be ready on tuesday and they said that some tests so far were negative including epstein bar virus and thyroid but the hiv test hasn't come back yet and they will let me know as soon as they get it..chances they it will be positive i'd say pretty high..

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SRCHFRANS34
Fanatic

Reged: 09/20/09
Very High . . . . new
      #251852 - 08/27/10 01:04 PM

The only thing that needs to be very high is you ! I forget and I'm certainly not going to go back and look it up , but you're well past 3 months right ?
Your coffee is probably to hot and that's why you feel burning in your upper lip . I thought you were going to educate yourself ...? Because you should know there are very , very , very, rare circumstances that would interfere with antibody production , and nothing you mentioned is even close .
Chill out on the PCR test ,it takes awhile . Your losing weight because you are worying yourself sick , I went from 190 to 155 over worry about me and girls I might have infected . Back at a healthy 200 or so , this is my giving back . These pin heads in the hospital aren't giving you simple Elisas or are you just ignoring them ...?
Forget about the hospital bills , they write them off all the time , send $10.00 a month and forget it . You are right about your brain not functioning right , I gave you the recipe for getting better , you didn't get any anti-anxiety or depression pills did you ? Then you were suppose to go learn, learn ,learn, what happened . GET BACK ON TRACK AND BE READY TO SAY SORRYS TO EVERYONE ON HERE FOR YOUR IMMATURE BEHAVIOR !!!!
We'll pass sentence when you get your undectectable PCR test back . . .Oooo, that's gonna be fun !

roma2010
All Star

Re: Very High . . . . new
      #251853 - 08/27/10 01:15 PM

no elisas test have been done yet all of them have been rapid test up to the 15th week

roma2010
All Star

Re: Very High . . . . new
      #251854 - 08/27/10 01:28 PM

so basically you're saying that all the symptoms that i have, have absolutely nothing to do with hiv and that my negative rapid test at 15 weeks is 100% definite and conclusive according to your experience and what you have seen in this website there's is no way of me being infected, i do try to educate myself but its really hard because you read so many different things in different places, in the mean time im trying to keep my cool and just wait for the results by the way i don't drink coffe and yes my upper lip does burn, and trust me i would have no problem saying im sorry to you guys if i am in fact not infected hopefully that will be the case and i will be apologizing to you and everyone else.

SRCHFRANS34
Fanatic

Apologize early . . . new
      #251857 - 08/27/10 06:39 PM

Yes, your rapid approved test at 15 weeks is conclusive , and yes it's absolutley assured that your symptoms having nothing to do with having HIV and everything to do with you THINKING you have HIV !!!
You've been to the hospital emergency room 3-4 times and the tests they perform there are rapids ...? What a bunch of cheap ass bums , elisa tests are like less 50.00 to perform , mine were billed at 55.00 , and you know their making a big profit on that . Rapids are reliable , don't get me wrong , but elisas blood draws are the gold standard .
Stay on the reliable and UP TO DATE web sites btw, that's here , "medhealth.org" , and "aidsmeds.com" both have great forums ,especially "medhealth.org's Ask the Doctor Hiv forum , do some reading there , stay off google ,cdc, wickpedia, or any "Major" player .
There will need to be more than thanks ,I'm sorry , you're going to have to do community service on this forum to one's who come on like you had , and talk them through their worried well . . . .we'll be watching . . . .(;-P
Hopefully your doc gave you the correct PCR -RNA and you don't get a false positive , there are no false negatives , a negtive this early is definitive , especially with the newer ones that detect down to .<48 viral load .
Try some chap stick , could be sunburn or onset of pre-diabetic condition , when your doc gives you yiur cherry on top of the negative hIV cake with your PCR test , start exploring other lip burnng causes . . .

jrob123

Reged: 08/05/10
Re: Very High . . . . SRCHFRANS34 new
      #251867 - 08/28/10 12:02 AM

SRCHFRANS34 ,

I am hopping I am also a worried well. I have lost 7lbs in just about a month since my encounter. Also I have had diahrea on and off during this month. More recent my stools have become black. My tounge is looking fuzzy and white, I am restless at night, I get very numb everywhere in my body, when i sit, when i sleep, my arms, legs, buttox, feet. When I walk a flight of stairs I have to stop because I feel like im going to pass out.

I only had 2 tests done both were 13 days after exposure. 1 was the NAAT and other was Rapid. Both came back negative. I assumed the Rapid would due to it being to early. The NAAT was a bit assuring as it was a DNA test. But I still think it could have been a false negative.

I just have never had these symptoms in my life, they really scare and worry me. I am already a smaller guy people keep telling me as well how skinny I look now.

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: Very High . . . . SRCHFRANS34 new
      #251869 - 08/28/10 07:42 AM

"More recent my stools have become black." That would suggest intestinal bleeding....nothing to do with HIV, but you should see your doctor about it sooner, rather than later.

roma2010
All Star

Re: Apologize early . . . new
      #251870 - 08/28/10 11:00 AM

yeah but the thing is is not just the lip burning, my tongue also burns and like i said before it has a really thick white coat on it and i can see the teeth marks on the side of it add the dermatofibromas which i have said before if you look it up it says that if you have multiple ones it could be hiv, i have several white blotches in my skin arms and legs, my right eye tingles a lot and i am having serious neurological problems i really am i can't seem to concentrate, last night im driving and i swear to god i felt like i was gonna pass out it's like my brain is tired, as if i had fog in my brain, i feel really confused i feel as if i was dreaming and it gets a lot worse when i play the music loud i keep having GI issues, seriously i know im screwed i have read that 1 out of 10 people infected with hiv get neurological symptoms before anything else and i swear to god this was my case a while back before i started noticing any other symptoms i noticed i wouldn't react as fast and my reflexes weren't as good as i almost crashed twice while driving the other symptoms started probably like a week after this incident and i don't drink so that wouldn't be the reason of my bad driving i have also read that the first two months you're infected the virus is destroying you're intestines and my stomach problems lasted for about two months now is just messed up im never hungry, i seem to get full right away, i burp a lot for no reason, my stool is never consistent and the texture hasn't been what it used to be i seem to go to the washroom a lot many times but i only do a little, add the numerous new moles and freckles that i have in my face, seriously as much as i try to believe that is not hiv i just can't seem to relate all this problems to anything else and neither can my doctors people say that it could be all stress related i say it can't be the thing that worried me about this condom breakage episode was that i could've gotten this girl pregnant but right away i went to the pharmacy and bought the day after pill and i went on with my life with out even thinking about stds and for that matter hiv(she seemed honest when i asked her if she had any stds she said no i believed big mistake or maybe she didn't know) but then i started getting sick out of the blue for no good reason that's when i got worried , they thing that is scaring me the most is the brain thing i could live with pain and side effects like diarrhea, stomach problems, tiredness and whatever else is there but i don't think i would be able to function if my brain does not respond as we all know the treatment doesn't not work for the brain but then again i dunno what it is like to be living with hiv at least yet, im just speculating, as far as testing goes i had the oral swab done two days before the 3 month mark then i had a rapid blood test dunno which one at the ER on august 8th and then last friday august 20th i had the stat-pak don't know if these are approved test but i would assume so, right now im waiting on the results from a PCR RNA and an elisa both should be ready by monday or tuesday, u know i keep reading that test negative in week 6 or 8 don't turn around and test positive later that's probably because they were not infected in the first place seriously i"ve been reading a lot of these forums and at other websites and most people that get worried and get tested never had a risk to begin with but where can i find stories of people that are really infected and actually know when they tested positive..so far i have found some but not a lot of case where people tested positive after 3 months even six months not too many but there's is some ...and as far as the hospitals goes yeah the one hospital my insurance was billed almost 5K and they don't even do hiv testing at the ER can you believe this crap? and yeah i have been 4 times to the ER because of different symptoms that scared the shit out of me good thing i have good insurance that almost pays 90% but the thing is if this turns out to be hiv a simplpe PCR RNA would've been all i needed and for that matter an elisa and WB for confirmation we're talking like 400 dollars versus like 15K that my insurance was billed for, i decided not to go to the hospital no matter how bad i feel, they told me clearly at all hospital that they couldn not find anything wrong with me, the one doctor almost made it seem as if i was faking it. all these doctors seemed to have different opinions on what ARS would be like, and one more thing if this was hiv have you guys heard of anybody having this many problems with their brain as such an early stage? because im thinking that is a really bad sign that i would have brain problems this early probably develop dementia in just a few years..heck just typing this message was a challenge..

SRCHFRANS34
Fanatic

Hospital docs don't do HIV new
      #251874 - 08/28/10 01:24 PM

You should have searched the web for an hiv doc in your area instead of 4 trips to hospital !!! Your 3 month tests are already conclusive . 7lbs loss are you kidding me , that's a good s--t !
Christ I'd struggle to write that novel you just did !!! Purse those lips and strt practicing your apology . . . .
Stop reading that crap on the net , most of it is for well established virus having had it for years , that's not you o chill out on that .

roma2010
All Star

Re: Hospital docs don't do HIV new
      #251875 - 08/28/10 02:38 PM

yeah i now know it was a big mistake going to the hospitals but what's done is done the reason i kept going back to the hospital was because i saw many different doctors and counselors and they all said is not hiv even if some of them really didn't know what the hell they were talking about that's why i kept going back because im thinking well if is not hiv then what the heck is causing this problems in me and i got scared that's why ended up going back to the hospitals, anyways sometimes i feel very optimistic and sometimes i feel like crap i have some really wild mood swings but im going out to the movies and walk to the mall tonight hopefully that'll help plus im planing on enjoying the rest of the summer because here in Chicago winters are terrible and even those long cold night depress the hell out of me..hopefully all of you guys are right and my next batch of tests are also negative..peace out.and thank you.

bob290

Reged: 08/21/10
Re: could this be possible? new
      #251888 - 08/29/10 08:32 PM

roma2010,
Hi i have alot of the same symptoms white coated tongue with teeth marks lower back pain foggy brain.I ve been tested 11 times out one year all negative. Symptoms refuse to go away and all my doctor tells me is that it is viral and it should go away.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3301

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3