Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
SRCHFRANS34
Fanatic

Reged: 09/20/09
For Impossible . . . .
      #251830 - 08/26/10 09:22 PM

That german singer Nadja Benaissa was found guilty of the charges against her of causing grevious bodily harm , and attempted bodily harm , by having unprotected sex when she knew she had the virus and not informing her lovers , (3) .
She received a 2 year suspended sentence and was ordered to do 300 hours of communitu service . At least one of her 3 partners contracted Hiv from her after 3 intimate encounters . (There is a suspicion one other had contracted the virus from her )
Court wacthers stated this was a light sentence , as her sorrow, admission, and great popularity in germany may all have played a part in this relatively light sentence . BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE , SHE WAS FOUND GUILTY. This also gives the man infected by her an almost slam dunk civil suit .
i believe I've heard of similar cases here that have resulted in jail time , but will find those facts out before stating them as fact .

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Impossible
Fanatic

Reged: 08/19/10
Re: For Impossible . . . . new
      #251831 - 08/26/10 10:12 PM

That's good she was found guilty, they were very lenient on her only giving her a 2 year suspended sentence. Although 300 hours of community service is quite a lot of community service.

You're right she will definitely get sued by the man who is HIV positive so that may have been part of the reason why they were easy on her about the sentence. Not to mention she admitted she was guilty and showed remorse.

One of the harshest sentence's I've read was in Texas where a HIV positive man spit in a cops face and was sentenced to 25 years. How ridiculous is that, HIV isn't transmitted via spit.

Canada and European countries are known for being more lenient on criminals. As I'm sure most of you know It also varies quite a bit state by state in the United States.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1371

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3