Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
roma2010
All Star

Reged: 07/23/10
am i infected here's my story ...please help..
      #251297 - 07/23/10 01:37 PM

on may 5th i had sex with a girl that i barely know when i was done i noticed the condom had broken and i didn't notice when it happened, about a month later early june i noticed i got some chills and some sweats out of the blue that was the first thing that got me worried, a few days later i started having all sorts of symptoms nausea stomach cramps, fatigue, lost appetite, dropped like 8 lbs, loose stools and some what discolored(no diarrhea) also my lips were burning for about ten days, all of these symptoms together lasted like two weeks and after most of them went away i had mild pain in both my groins for a couple of days i also developed some other problem, i have a few spots on hands forearms and knees where my skin raised but it went back down to normal over night and now they just look like burning scars about the size of mosquito bites, also felt my back really hot like from being out in the sun all day with some sweat but no fever, up to date two months and 20 days i still have some symptoms irregular bowel movements, weakness most of the day my calves feel like if i had a flu, i feel a pinching pain in my groins for a few seconds, sleep a lot, and sometimes i feel spaced out, i also twitch(arm leg) sometimes ..so far to date i had some test done on july 5th i had the rapid swab, negative on july 7th i went to ER because i felt really sick and spaced out they did a bunch of test including HIV for antibodies and came back negative they also checked my blood count and they said it was all normal, on july 9th i went to labcorp(which now i know it was a waste of time and money) and got their HIV DNA test package done the results were as follows western blot <1.0 negative, Abs qual undetected negative, PCR DNA negative, anyways last week i went to the free clinic and got stds test done all negative, the counselor and doctor said that im fine and i have nothing to worry about because most people around my age(28yo) will develop detectable antibodies by week 6 unless other major health problems are present also went to dermatologist yesterday and said that those skin problems are not related whatsoever to hiv or stds he also said that he's been a professional for over 30 years and has never seen a person with hiv develop skin problems at an early stage specially after two and a half months..im currently waiting for the 13 week period mark to get tested again but these persistent symptoms and anxiety are killing me i dunno what to do or think anymore i need help please anyone that could shed some light on this situation....thank you in advance ..ps sorry for making this story so long..

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SRCHFRANS34
Fanatic

Reged: 09/20/09
9 weeks negative with PCR DNA ..? HIV NOT !!!!!!! new
      #251311 - 07/24/10 01:45 PM

Roma, first take as much space as needed to tell your story completely . When two people become intimate they share their germs with each other . You know that hiv is the hard virus to get , other STD's not so much . Test for all the HEPS, Barre Syndrome and of couse a full panel STD, including Herpes which many won't test for unless you ask . Your current tests are just about definitive for negative HIV and you are getting good advice and care from docs you've seen . Yes, you will have to test out to 13 weeks , but that's just to get your negative result . The PCR DNA was not a waste of time , the % of individuals who would have a positive DNA test at the time when you took it is almost 100% , and they don't miss anything you would have been exposed to unless you've had sex in the middle of Africa or some remote corner of the earth , as some others would profess.
As to your current illness', first you are now hyper aware of anything happening to your body , we all , everyday , get kinkcs, twists, sores, muscle ache ,SUMMER rashes are affecting 90%+ people this time oy year .You must with all your strength stop serching symptoms for diseases, see a/ or your PCP (Primary Care Physician) for current symptoms . Regular Bowel changes are all normal , and a reaction to our enviorment , plus as said before your body is adjusting to another's Germs . Follow up with your health care , besides hiv , before you know it day 84 (yes that's long enough ) will be here and you'll get confirmation . let us all know how this plays out , it will help others to see that symptoms are not reliable for HIV exposure .

roma2010
All Star

Reged: 07/23/10
Re: 9 weeks negative with PCR DNA ..? HIV NOT !!!!!!! new
      #251318 - 07/24/10 06:30 PM

thanks a lot for your comment i've been noticing that don't even think about this unless i feel sick that's when i start freaking out and every single thing i feel in my body i try to relate to hiv so yeah even my brother almost smacked because he thinks is all in the head and i hope he is right,,, and as far as seeing a pcp i actually have an appointment on Monday to see what he's got to say ..anways i will let you know the results as soon as i take my test which is in a couple of weeks ..now just a quick question should i take the oraquick swab one or should i go to my doctor and order an elisa..thanks and have a good day..

SRCHFRANS34
Fanatic

Reged: 09/20/09
Elissa ! new
      #251320 - 07/24/10 09:47 PM

As you get closer to your 13 weeks , each test becomes more definitive . get one on Monday with your PCP, they're a very inexpensive test to run . You can even find a clinic where you're from that'll do a free and anonymous Ora Quick, blood 20 min instant test .
Damm, see I just got "into" your world , your negative these are just motions to assure and convinve you !

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4052

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3