Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
StupidMe
Regular

Reged: 11/05/09
Positive I'm Positive
      #250985 - 07/01/10 07:48 AM

Please don't shoot me down for this but, I'm still having an issue believing my test results. I've had 11 antibody tests over the 4 years following my risk with an African CSW in Germany. Plus, more recently a Taqscreen Multiplex test. All negative!! But, I've been getting symptoms over the last couple of years that seem so HIV specific and it's scarring me. I've got a strange gum problem that started a couple of years ago. My gums just started to recede in addition, I started to get sores, swelling and ulcers on my gum line. Then last Christmas I started to get seborrhoic dermatitis on my face that had since, spread to my arms and groin. I've also has terrible bowel problems. I'll be honest that I scoff at some of the worried wells with wishy washy symptoms. But, these really do worry me as they definitely didn't exist before my risk and the gum issue just seems so unusual. I've never noticed anyone with the same problem. I'd really appreciate some advice as to what I should do. Could it be an unusual strain? Are there any other possible causes of so many false negatives?
Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
themushroom
All Star

Reged: 02/18/10
Re: Positive I'm Positive new
      #250986 - 07/01/10 08:11 AM

you dont have HIV try to find the real cause of your symptoms maybe look into XMRV?

StupidMe
Regular

#251034 - 07/04/10 09:09 AM

Quote:

you dont have HIV try to find the real cause of your symptoms maybe look into XMRV?

Hi theMushroom, thanks for the reply but, can these symptoms actually be symptoms of xmrv ? I thought that was just linked to chronic fatigue syndrome. Whatever is causing my symptoms is pretty contagious as by wife and kids are having similar symptoms. Even though the only exposures to the kids is through sharing toothbrushes and my wife's earrings. Even my daughters best friend has had shingles and oral thrush suggesting to me that this virus has spread our if my family.

Atheena
Regular

Reged: 02/22/10
Loc: Texas
      #251109 - 07/10/10 01:40 PM

Hi StupidMe,

Have you and your family seen a family doctor yet? If not don't you think that would be a good idea? Kids can catch so many things these days and bring them home. I know someone at my job that is always getting sick and passing the virus, colds, flu back and forth. The family is NOT HIV POS. Also have you gone to a dentist you are almost describing "periodontal (gum) disease".

I wish your family well.
Athena

StupidMe
Regular

#251119 - 07/11/10 07:07 AM

Hi Athena, thanks for the reply. Well I've been to the docs several times and they look to treat each individual problem I've got rather than consider a collective cause. We haven't been as a family though. If I think sensibly about this, even if I had some freeky strain causing all these negatives the chance that my kids plus one of their friends would become infected via only theoretical risks must be so incredibly small. Probably the same as seeing elvis rise from the grave while aliens invade!!
My dentist has treated me for periodontal disease over the last 2 years but, it isn't working. My gums throb constantly and this constant pain is driving me crackers. Since, I believed my test results for 2 years until these symptoms started then it's a constant concern that I wasn't taking precautions to prevent even theoretical transmission risks.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3065

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3