Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
bennetcj
New User

Reged: 06/23/10
acute infection
      #250879 - 06/23/10 08:26 PM

It has been about 1.5 monthes since i had unprotected sex (1 time, no protection, but he didn't come inside me) and i have been having some strange symptoms. I should note that although i do no beleive he has hiv, he did used to do iv drugs, and although he claims he never shared needles, there is a good chance that is a lie. I have read up on what acute symptoms are like, and the only ones i have of those are diarrhea (lasting about 20 days) and swollen glands. However, i also got a yeast infection when this all started, and have an extremely dry mouth due to swollen salivary glands. However, i have had no fever, sore throat, chills, body aches, etc.

Do you think this could be an acute infection, although i had no fever and my only real symptoms were diarrhea and swollen glands? I have read that yeast infection and dry mouth can be symptoms of hiv, but they are not acute symptoms correct?

I have autoimmune problems, and i was thinking maybe getting that yeast infection trigger a flare or something, and maybe its not hiv. But it still scares me, and i know i cannot get tested for another few monthes at least.

Do you think i have a significant risk? What else could explain having diarrhea for 20 days and such a dry mouth?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Veteran

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: acute infection new
      #250880 - 06/23/10 08:48 PM

None of your symptoms would be considered acute. Diarrhea that's lasted 20 days is chronic, not acute.

What can we say, you put yourself at risk. Not a great one, but a risk none the less. Just think, one condom and you could have avoided all this drama.

Oh well, that was not the case. Don't symptom shop that's just a waste of time. However since you are 6 weeks into the window a negative test result at this point probably won't change....and if you do have HIV, by 6 weeks you will know it from the test results.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2641

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3