Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
VAmberwaves7

Reged: 06/03/10
Think I might have hiv or other illness
      #250600 - 06/03/10 12:54 AM

My name is Vanessa I have been with my boyfriend for about a year and he is the only one I have been with without a condom he said he has been with girls without really been tested for stds or hiv. I have always been tested for hiv and stds of last year and I was clean But Recently I have been having constant vaginal yeast infections and bacterial vaginious which will not clear up with medicines. They run an extra std test and I'm cleared for that but they haven't run on one hiv and I just got another one today and I'm scared. I went to the hospital because I was sick because I was very deyhadtrated with flu like symptoms and some fever but not very high it was very low and lots of constaipation and the doctor said I had some anmeia which he is going to see if I'm low on iron. I was reading people with hiv have that too so it has me very frighten.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: Think I might have hiv or other illness new
      #250601 - 06/03/10 05:46 AM

Anyone that is sexually active should be testing for HIV and other STD's every year as part of your regular health routine.

Condoms should always be used until to people decided to develop a relationship and go get tested together.

Recurrent yeast infections is not something you'd see the first year or so of infection, it can be a sign of an established infection after a few years of infection.

The most likely reason for your recurrent yeast infections is that boyfriend of yours that you continue to have unprotected sex with. Females show signs of yeast infections and get treated, then they just get reinfected by their partner. It wouldn't hurt to have him checked out.

Other than that, quit having unprotected sex with a partner of unknown status and get tested.

VAmberwaves7

#250604 - 06/03/10 11:53 AM

Well you see I thought he got tested but he was like oh when I was with other people they were negative and I'm like that's not really been tested. I'm really going to try to get him tested

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
      #250606 - 06/03/10 06:56 PM

Testing is up to him. Insisting without exception to condoms until he does so, is up to you.

Just remember, exposure to HIV doesn't mean automatic infection. People have been know to be lucky for quite some time, before their luck runs out and they become infected. So unless you know for sure what his status is......protect yourself.

This isn't just because people are less than truthful sometimes they honestly don't realize they have HIV. The CDC estimates that 1/3 of people living with HIV don't know they are doing so......a little food for thought.

torre

Reged: 06/07/10
Loc: selibe phikwe botswana
      #250656 - 06/07/10 07:10 PM

look here girl they is nothing to be scared about.the thing here is to be positive about everything.let me tell you a story and hope you will understand.i tested positive 12 yrs ago and right now im in a happy relationship with a loving man who is also positive.he had not tested until i forced him to but i did not onfect him.well my cd 4 cell count is very high and viral load is undetectable.even if you test positive its ok just be positive about it and stress caz if you take care of your self you can live for a very long time.as for the yeast infection its very easy to treat it if you just try the following ideas.keep away from foods with yeasts in them and wear only cotton underwear and make sure you condomise all the time and never wear your underwear twice in 3 days always air your underwear outside and try using natural yorgurt and say off sugar and sugary food for about a month.and if you had taken any antibiotics in the last month i could say its the cause for your problem.in my country we treat the infection with fluconazole for 1 month and this surely works and avoid sented soups and perfumes while this problem is going on.thry this and then if they don't work get back to me.

VAmberwaves7

#250675 - 06/09/10 03:13 PM

Well my test came back negative which is good, but my renal test came back abnormal which I could have cancer or something due to the anmiea I'm going due the clinic to pick up fecal cold cards to see if there is anything in my stool sample.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3037

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3