Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
fcj3

Reged: 05/15/10
Extremely Anxious (Esmeralda and other experts)
      #250336 - 05/17/10 12:41 PM

Good Morning Everyone,

This is my first time here although I have visited the experts forum in the past months. My story goes as follow:

January 2nd I engaged in sexual activity, I performed insertive anal sex to a one nightstand. By the way I am homosexual gay man but I guess the anal part gave me away. I am not going to say that my encounter was unprotected because I did use a condom in my act but I was careless enough to not use lube and on top of that I was buzzing. Anyhoo the first time around the condom failed and I wasn't aware until the morning because the guy took it off after stopping for a breather. Second time around I put another condom but that one for sure didn't break because I ejaculated to that one and well everything remained inside the rubber. Two weeks later I came down with a huge headache and a muscle aches as if I was having a fever and throughout that week I continued with the pain. I now believe that couldn't be ARS because if it was I would already have tested positive by the 6th week for sure or after for that matter. On my 9th week I began to have Diarrhea for 3 or 4 days and stomach growling for a whole month and days. (40days) During that time I went to see a doctor and they prescribed me Flagyl, Bactrim, and Cipro (antibiotics) I was diagnosed with Rotavirus. I went to get tested at the 13 week mark and it was negative but one day after that test I noticed sores on my penis and began freaking out once more, after going to my GP she prescribed me a vaginal cream to put on my penis since according to her was a fungal infection that went away a week after using the cream and then came back and saw another dr and she told me it was penile yeast infection. Now I am at 4.5 months (20 weeks) and I am scared of getting tested and finding out that I am positive. My yeast infection is still there after a month and a half; could these symptoms be associated with HIV? If indeed that person was positive would I still have to test out to 6months? Anyhoo I would greatly appreciate any comments and advices

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: Extremely Anxious (Esmeralda and other experts) new
      #250343 - 05/18/10 10:30 AM

You have a 13 week negative which means you don't have HIV. Continuing this discussion is a waste of time.

fcj3

Reged: 05/15/10
Re: Extremely Anxious (Esmeralda and other experts) new
      #250362 - 05/19/10 01:07 PM

Thank You Esmeralda, on what I have read through your posts you are a true warrior. I was just freaked out because when I called the CDC before my 3 month test I explained my encounter and the operator told me I needed to test out to 6 months. It becomes a little scary when someone tells you something like that. I hope your husband is doing fine and hope you are too.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1984

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3