Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
closetotheedge

Reged: 05/16/10
Anyone think this is ARS? 4 weeks to wait. help
      #250329 - 05/16/10 10:39 PM

A few months ago I had unprotected insertive vaginal sex one time with a white 19 yr old girl of unknown hiv status in North Carolina after a few drinks at a bar/restaurant where she is a server. She was not a prostitute or call girl worker but I know she is a bit promiscuous. She had her clitoris pierced.... (i imagine that means she wants people to see it)

3 1/2 weeks later I started to get a really, really sore throat on my right side (tonsil) and then got body aches, chills and fever later that night.

Took some tylenol and broke the fever and my sheets we're soaked!! Still felt weak and sick, so I called my doctor and he called in some antibiotics for me. (azithromycin). I took 2g all at once.

It seemed to make the pain on my right side of throat a little better but it didn't totally go away. Over the next week I had what felt like a low grade fever, very weak, achy body, loss of appetite and night sweats. (took my temperature after 5 days and it was 97.7, but i was burning up! So confused) 5 days after taking the antibiotics I woke up with a really dry white mouth and tongue that hurt. It went way after a day or so, but my gums and tongue bled a little bit on the right side when I brushed that day trying to get the white off. ( again all on the right side)

I am horribly, horribly afraid of HIV since I was a little kid and when I started getting symptoms I was scared to death and felt unable to function on top of these symptoms.

Anyone ever heard of ars sore throat on just one side?

The pain on the right tonsil went away but then moved into my larynx and my lymphnodes swelled up on the same side. I started having a dry cough for a week and very tender throat and nodes around my adams apple.

Finally, my larynx felt better, but now I still have pain and swollen node on right side along with tender soft palate and ear pain.

Here is the kicker!!!.... 4 weeks after my initial symptoms I broke out with a big red, raised rash on my chest. The bumps were raised and small but didnt itch... but some of them hurt. This rash lasted 4 weeks and has finally gone away. Does the ars rash come late like that?
I am happy to hear from anyone!!!!
I will not be able to get a definitive test for another 4 weeks!! Paralyzed with fear.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: Anyone think this is ARS? 4 weeks to wait. help new
      #250333 - 05/17/10 05:59 AM

If you've been scared to death of HIV since you were a kid, why in the world would you not have used a condom?

Nothing you have reported in symptoms sounds like ARS. ARS doesn't hang around for weeks, antibotics won't do anything for it, and symptoms don't continue to showup independantly over weeks.

Your actual risk of acquiring HIV from a one time insertive vaginal exposure is something like 5 in 10000.

Since close to 100% of people that seroconverted will test postive by 6 weeks and it's past six weeks for you now. Go get a frigging test. It's either going to positive or negative and if it's negative you can bet your first born you will test negative at 3 months.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3090

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3