Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
nickywick

Reged: 04/28/10
ARS with unilateral symptoms? or stress and worry?
      #250177 - 04/28/10 01:42 PM

Dr. Bob,
( or anyone who is versed in this stuff. Looking for a professional opinion please:)

The past month and a half has been very strange and I wanted to get some good opinions on here. I know ARS symptoms are unreliable and testing is the only way to know, but I am still within the 3 month definitive window and would like to share my symptoms with you all and see if anyone thinks this is ARS.

I am a 27yr old straight white male, with no past experience of drug use or receptive sex.

On FEB 20, 2009 I had brief unprotected vaginal intercourse. (2-3 mins) with a female of unknown status. She was not a sex worker, but a 22yr old white/female student at a University in Indiana.

Roughly 20-21 days after the encounter, I came down with a sore throat on one side (unilateral) and later that night a fever.
Woke up the next morning and had broken the fever with a night sweat. Called my doctor and he prescribed me Zithromax for my throat thinking it might be strep or bacteria. I took the antibiotics and over the next few days the sore throat seemed to get better. After 4-5 days it didnt hurt to swallow or eat anymore but the pain had moved to my larynx area. (still unilateral this whole time). The sore throat never moved to the other side. Also on the same side I had swollen nodes and my ear started to hurt and i developed a hoarse voice and a mild dry cough and had a day or two of diahrrea and white coated tongue (dry mouth).

Over the next few weeks the throat pain would come and go and move around on the ONE side only, and I had a few low grade fevers come and go as well without taking medicine for them. My tonsils do not look swollen and I have not had any mouth ulcers or open sores.

During this whole ordeal, I stopped eating for almost 2 weeks and could barely move around due to anxiety and fear. I lost weight, all energy and was sweating on my head and neck during sleep at night. (which i never have before). Are these night sweats without fever? or anxiety?

It has been 6 weeks since symptoms began and I still have some swelling on my one side of the throat and some fullness and pain in my ear. This week I woke up and noticed 10-20 red bumps on my chest and stomach that don't itch but some are a little painful. Is this a rash or pimples? Also would ARS Rash show up this late after the other symptoms had cleared?

After almost 7 weeks since symptoms began, I still have a weird ache on one side of my throat, adenopathy on one side under my jaw, red bumps on my stomach and chest. No fever.

Would this suggest ARS? I am terrified but realize my exposure was not "high risk" but I am still freaked out from these come and go, oddball symptoms.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by nickywick (04/28/10 01:44 PM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
themushroom
All Star

Reged: 02/18/10
Re: ARS with unilateral symptoms? or stress and worry? new
      #250183 - 04/28/10 10:24 PM

Most likly you had a sore throat, but it won't matter if I tell you that you have it in your mind so just go get tested I would bet you a case of beer that it will be negative . To answer your question NO it does not sound like ARS

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5131

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3