Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
MelB

Reged: 02/08/10
Please Advise!
      #249332 - 02/08/10 05:33 AM

Hey guys, I have a serious question for you, well for me it is, and I’ m sure you get this all the time, but I’ m freaking over here. I work for a food factory in South Africa and are one of the trained first aiders, this morning we had an individual who put his arm into a moving conveyer machinery, so this mean the poor man’ s arm was torn open and had a gaping wound with visible bone, before they came to call me, he put the whole of his arm under cold water, so when I did get to him there were not much blood, hardly any so with my gloves on I pressed down on the wound, bandaged it, but as I was bandaging his arm, my exposed arm touched his pinkie, which had blood mixed with water on it, it was literally just a drop, now I have no broken skin there, but I do have a mosquito bite close to it and an ingrown hair, do you think I have any reason to be going nuts right now? Or would you say I’m a neurotic freak. The persons HIV status is unknown, but I know South Africa has one of the highest infection rate.
Regards,
Scared In South Africa

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: Please Advise! new
      #249350 - 02/09/10 06:02 AM

The water would have inactivated the virus. Besides one drop on intact skin will not infect you. If you are not actively bleeding the skin is considered intact so your bite and hair follical are not issues.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1475

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3