Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
SRCHFRANS34
Fanatic

Reged: 09/20/09
Hiv 1/2 reliability vs Hiv-2 stand alone test ?
      #248407 - 11/13/09 04:20 PM

Does anyone know the % of accuracy for Hiv-2 antibody detection with current Elisa 1/2 antibody tests ? Some of the 4-5 year old posted answers in the archives say 70% accuracy for Hiv-2 , has that changed with today's 1/2 tests ? I'm Finding a tough time locating a provider who'll do just a hiv-2 test . Not really interested in comments about prevalence of Hiv-2 .

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: Hiv 1/2 reliability vs Hiv-2 stand alone test ? new
      #248408 - 11/13/09 06:54 PM

The performance characteristics of a rapid immunochromatographic-screening test, SD Bioline HIV-1/2 3.0 (Standard Diagnostics Inc., Kyonggi-do, South Korea) on 23,754 sera and 30 plasma samples are reported. The sensitivity and specificity for the assay on serum samples are 100% and 99.4%, respectively. (Vijayakumar, et. al, 2005)

http://jcm.asm.org/cgi/content/full/43/8/4194

More importantly is what you said in your first post.

"Why is it that positive individuals and negative testers have such similar symptoms..?"

Perhaps that's because 'symptoms' are non-specific to HIV and are the same type of non-descript symptoms that are found in hundreds of illnesses and conditions.

"? The burning body / hot sensations, one side foot/arm /hand tingling. lip sore , then no more. Rash , gone in a dash. Continuing varied intensity overheating skin with no detectable temp."

I?m so sorry to hear about all your different health issues and so glad that all I have to deal with is HIV, whatever you have must be agony. I hope you have a good doctor that recognizes in light of ALL your negative results that you enumerated in your first post...... "At approx. 6 MONTHS post possible exposure had Unigold instant blood :NEGATIVE , Elisa blood draw full panel STD's :NEGATIVE . 7 MONTHS post p-exposure RNA Viral load :NEGATIVE, CD4 counts,%,t-cell subsets :NORMAL. 8 MONTHS post p-exposure Ora Quick Advanced Blood: NEGATIVE . 8 1/2 MONTHS p-exposure Another Elisa :NEGATIVE , Cobas Taqman Hiv-1 Test (Viral load / Ultrasensitive) UNDETECTED. ALL FROM DIFFERENT LABS."...... that you certainly do not have HIV.

Please do yourself a big favor and get yourself into a good counselor that can help you unravel what is causing you to refuse to accept your negative status. Until you deal with the guilt, OCD, Hypocondria or whatever is lurking behind all this you will never rest.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5675

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3