Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
goingmad

Reged: 10/10/09
PLEASE...I AM DYING...
      #247923 - 10/10/09 05:08 PM

I have been to all the sites and discussed my fears but I need to know...HAS ANYONE ON HERE OR A LOVED ONE TESTED HIV POS. AFTER 13 WEEKS? ...here is my story I had an exposure 51/2 months ago in healthcare where a droplet of blood went in to my eye. I rinsed it out but probably not long enough... The dentist I work for laughed at me for being nervous and said that you cant get HIV that way. So I called the PEP hotline and spoke with about 6-7 Drs. all telling me that due to the low chances and me being pregnant they wouldnt recommend PEP chance of transmission is low. Anyways, we asked the patient of his status he states he didnt have anything but refused an HIV test. None the less the Docs felt that even if the pt had HIV such an inoculation would not cause disease. However, after the PEP window passed I lost my mind. I was convinced that the patient lied and I was doomed. Sure enough about 8 days later ARS started...I got loose stools for 2 days, Night sweats for about 2 weeks, Thrush on my tongue (confirmed), white patches on my tongue, hariy looking papilla and fissures on the tip of my tongue (i think its OHL), Burning sensation in my esophagus and lips....And still 5 months later my symptoms persist and more have come about such as numbness in my thighs, sores on my body that are healing slowly, shortness of breath, insomnia/ fatigue and all I can think about is that I am dying of HIV. Despite all my symptoms all of my tests have been negative thus far...
Oral Swab at 3 weeks- NEG
I had a PCR-RNA test at 35 days- NEG; no virus detected; less than 48 copies/1.7 ml
Oral swab at 6 weeks- NEG
Antibody blood test for HIV 1/2, HEP C, Sypillis at 8 weeks- NEG
Antibody blood test for HIV 1/2, HEP C, Syphillis at 12 weeks- NEG
Antibody blood test for HIV 1/2, HEP C, Syphillis at 5 months and 1 week- NEG
My questions are:
1) Could pregnancy and extreme stress delay seroconversion?
2) What about coinfection with Hep C?
3) Can having Latent TB delay seroconversion?
4) Everyone keeps tellling me that the 3 month test is conclusive but I cannot let go...that said are the antibody tests better now than a couple years ago?
5) And what of my symptoms? they are very strange and more like HIV than pregnancy-related...AND HOW CAN I INGORE THE TRHUSH AND HAIRYLEUKOPLAKIA THEY ARE SO HIV RELATED.
6) The CDC states 6 mths as the last test...Is that 100% accurate? WHY IS EVERYONE SO FIRM ON 3 MONTHS
HELP ME....

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: PLEASE...I AM DYING... new
      #247928 - 10/10/09 08:36 PM

You don't have HIV. That's very clear from your testing history. HIV is not magically and it doesn't hide or take forever to show up. You are HIV negative. If you can't accept the fact that you are stressing over a disease you do not have then I would suggest you seek some counseling to delve into the reason you are unwilling to accept your status and look for reasons to believe your test is wrong.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2179

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3