Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
worried22yo
Expert

Reged: 10/26/01
Loc: Northeast PA
Odds
      #24789 - 11/19/01 09:19 AM

Hi guys. I have looked seemingly everywhere on the net and have not found the answer to a few of my questions. Would anyone know the odds of having a strain of HIV so uncommon as to be undetected by standard PCR's and ELISA's? Also, does anyone know the what the odds would be of having a regular strain of HIV and testing false negative with a Qual. DNA-PCR at 35 days and also a neg. ELISA at 5 1/2 months? You guys are awesome, I'd go nuts w/o this site; we just need more people actually replying to messages, seems like it used to be more active. Thanks guys.

Good luck to everyone!

--------------------
Good luck to everyone!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Odds new
      #24793 - 11/19/01 10:19 AM

I only trust one test : DNA-PCR.. you can have that test after 21 days.. and if it's neg. than you are negative.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#24794 - 11/19/01 10:42 AM

You would go nuts w/o this site is the understatement of the year because you have gone nuts. People are tired of answering you and fueling your fears.
you do have something wrong with you and you may have something physically wrong with you as well, but neither of them are hiv.
What a waste of youth.

Anonymous
Unregistered

worried22 new
      #24802 - 11/19/01 12:21 PM

worried22 don't let some person chase you away from here you are welcome to vent all you want and let it ot with your fears thats what this place is for and to the guy who says you wasted your youth being here I say to you shut the fuk up he hasnt done anything wrong at least he is concerned and not naive abouth this fkn disease Called HIV
and dosent want to infect anyone with it if he has it.
youre a fuk moron.

worried22yo
Expert

Re: worried22 new
      #24804 - 11/19/01 12:26 PM

thanks for the support. this board has been very helpful. i know im not crazy; somethings wrong. And like ive said its not in my head since it is with my bf too. in very open to possibility of not having HIV. its just the symptoms and timing scare me. i guess i was hoping a lot of people would say something similar happened and it worked out. we are all going through a very dificult time. this place is a board for the worried by definition and i am afraid i have grounds to worry (fairly high risk exposure and reasonable symptoms). we are here for each other. and about wasting youth; i do appreciate what i have and i am fearful of losing it. i am doing my best to determine whats wrong with me, and dont want to hurt anyone else. that is why i am going back to the dr. today, besides the dr. who gave me my negative results strongly suggested i pursue this so to that othe guy dont say im nuts, i am not. anything but. and to you, my friend, thanks for the support. let's hope we get through this ok.

Good luck to everyone!

--------------------
Good luck to everyone!

worried22yo
Expert

#24808 - 11/19/01 12:36 PM

I am not nuts. I am going to the dr. today. Sorry if you are annoyed but we need places to express concerns and ask questions of other people in the same situation, people who know what we are going through. Also this is a great site to share info as well as support. For my sake, I hope you're right but taking into account the symtpoms are with my bf too I don't see how you can be. Take care.

Good luck to everyone!

--------------------
Good luck to everyone!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#24810 - 11/19/01 12:38 PM

Hey no problem I know symptoms are scarey thats why people who never really feel anything wrong go around for years and they are already infected they pass it to other people and then we have this problem with so many people having HIV don't you think it is crazy that 1 out of every 250 people in this country are infected with HIV ?
The symptoms you have are what is making you afraid I have no idea what they could be since you tested negative with a couple different tests and your BF has the same thing.
I really understand your fears because I been there but I didnt have those symptoms and tested negative with a regular elisa test but in my mind I always worry that I could be a person who has the delayed seroconversion .

worried22yo
Expert

#24812 - 11/19/01 12:42 PM

Are you out of the window now? Hope you're ok!

Good luck to everyone!

--------------------
Good luck to everyone!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#24832 - 11/20/01 07:49 AM

I pray that all will be well. GOD Bless and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask on this forum.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2872

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3