Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
etoile

Reged: 08/24/09
Don't want to panic, but I can't calm myself down
      #247146 - 08/24/09 10:53 AM

So the thing is that I had unprotected sex with a man that I don't know very well. How much chance is there to get HIV from somebody during one sexual intercourse? It was a vacation fling that happened and I'm so ashamed that I did this. Normaly I don't put myself in such risky situations. But yes...I did it

So it's been 24 days since the "accident" and I'm experiencing some stuff that I normaly don't. I have a weird kind of a rash on my face...at first I thought that it was just acne or pimples, but than I saw it's spreading and that it won't go away. The second thing I noticed is a white spot in my troath that doesn't hurt and when I looked it up I found that it could be Oral thrush. The third symptom that I have is a red spot on my thigh, like a rash. It's not ithcy or painful. It has a red circle around it and a lighter red spot in the middle.
I wanted to get tested today but the doctor told me to come back when it will be 6 weeks after the exposure. That means in 3 weeks from now.

So tell me please...how worried should I be? Sometimes it's overwhelming all the worries I caused myself. I feel very lost and sometimes I panic. I don't want to worry myself to death. Are those symptoms that I have enough for the primary HIV infection? Could my anxiety cause all these symptoms? Could they be fake?

Thank you so much for your help.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: Don't want to panic, but I can't calm myself down new
      #247150 - 08/24/09 04:11 PM

Accident? What Accident? I thought you posted because you were worried about the fact you engaged in unprotected sex? What was the accident?

Sivideret

Reged: 08/15/09
Re: to Esmeralda new
      #247182 - 08/26/09 06:22 AM

Esmeralda...

Why are your replies so rough and bitter sometimes? People come here seeking at least comfort in time of desperation. So if you can't offer that, why do you just not refrain from replying?
We all have problems here, and we do not come to have our heads bitten off. I'm sure you've had it hard, but it's no one else's fault.

kind regards from Spain. C

Sivideret

Reged: 08/15/09
      #247183 - 08/26/09 06:36 AM

Etoile,

I wish I could help you calm down, but only you can do that. The risk is always there with unprotected sex. Try to stay busy and not obsess over this too much for now. I was in a similar situation almost a year ago and my life has never been the same since, for many reasons. I do not quite believe in our minds or stress creating symptoms--to me it seems that that is usually the excuse doctors give when they can't find a label for what we have. But it is also true that there are many other infectious agents that are not HIV...

Prayer can help ease your mind too... pm me if you need to chat.
Meanwhile, be well. C.

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Re: to Esmeralda new
      #247188 - 08/26/09 01:46 PM

...and you can always skip my postings. Hopefully you will soon believe those negative HIV tests of yours and be able to move on....

etoile

#247218 - 08/27/09 12:10 PM

I refered to it as "accident" because for my behaviour it was an accident. To engage in unprotected sex. I have never done it before and I sure will never do it again.

I hope you understood my phrase now.
Thnx

etoile

#247220 - 08/27/09 12:15 PM

Thank you very much for your reply. I went to the doctor because of my rash. They suspected it was Microsporum canis because I have dog and he's itching. But it's not. So I have some kind of a ringworm, fungal infection. The mouth trush has disapeared. But I do have a swollen limph node in the groin and some pain in my ovary. I'm just going out of my mind...I try not to...to be busy and focused. But sometimes it's just to much. I can't wait for another 3 weeks to get the results...it's crazy!

Thank you for your help.

Jackie__Blue
Legend

#247221 - 08/27/09 12:19 PM

I'll buy that this was a mistake, we all make them, but this was NO accident.

An accident is...."an unexpected happening causing loss or injury which is not due to any fault or misconduct on the part of the person injured..."

By saying this was an accident you aren't taking personal responsibility for your actions. The fact of the matter is that if you were to become infected from this 'accident' the fault lies solely with you.

Test at 6 weeks. If it is negative then the odds are that you will remain negative at the 3 month mark.

etoile

#247222 - 08/27/09 01:42 PM

you are right! it is my fault and because I feel responsable I'm so scared. Because I know it was no accident a put the word in "...."

Thank you for your response.

etoile

#247673 - 09/23/09 10:21 AM

I'm getting my results tomorrow! I'm very nervous! I gave blood on monday and it was 51 days after the exposure...I think those results will be quite accurate.

Hoping for the best...

etoile

#247688 - 09/24/09 08:57 AM

So I got my ELISA test back today and it was negative! I'm so relieved! I asked the doctor if I have to test again at the 3 months mark and she said no (this test was made at 51 days after exposure). She said that the tests they do these days are very accurate even after 7 weeks. So I guess I'm alright.
I promised to myself never to repeat the same mistake again. Thank you all for your support and for giving out information to people like me who don't know a lot about HIV infection.
Stay safe!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4609

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3