Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
guess
Unregistered

why do people get sick after sex?
      #24707 - 11/16/01 04:47 AM

Hi guys here go my next questions that just won't let me sleep.
Why do people get sick after sex and usualy present with very similar symptoms related to hiv? and why do they test negative after?
Stress can cause a lot of problems but personaly I remember that when I got stressed I usualy presented with ulcers in mouth and some headache but nothing more. Never night sweats, rash, short breathing, runny nose or weird things like that.
There ought to be a forum called "I just tested negative, but can't believe it!"

Is there a new desease out there much more contageous than the almost-imposible-to-get hiv?
Doctors say that the standard test may not pick up infection for rare strains, but it just dont matter cause these strains are only found in Africa. But they can spread to the whole world just as the first ones did right?. After all, all this s h i t comes from Africa.
Why do scientists say that next generations of hiv's will get drug resistant strains? If infected guys are taking drugs is because they know their status and souldn't by any means pass a mortal desease to anybody. They are also supposed to be taught about the safest sex practices. Then why do scientists claim such thing will happen?

What a world we live in.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Dreamer
Unregistered

Re: why do people get sick after sex? new
      #24714 - 11/16/01 10:46 AM

That's a good question. I've thought about that too. And this is my hypothesis:

I think it's due to two reasons:

1. Guilt and stress

2. If your getting all up close and personal with someone else, exchanging all sorts of bodily fluids with a new person, that puts you at risk for colds, flus, mono, CMV, and TONS of other benign diseases (not to mention other STD's).

That's just my hypothesis but I think it makes sense.

~Dreamer~

Anonymous
Unregistered

#24736 - 11/16/01 11:04 PM

That and guess has a mental problem. Go away guess with your safe sex isn't safe bullshit!
LOSER !! ( * )

mental_case
Guardian

Reged: 08/20/00
      #24743 - 11/17/01 11:38 AM

For the same reasons they get sick after anything.
You get sick when you get sick. sometimes it is after sex and sometimes it is after you eat sometimes it's after you see a movie, sometimes it is after being out in the cold.
Just because you got sick or made yourself sick doesn't mean you have hiv or anything else.
You test somewhere after the 3month mark and if you can't handle the results then you can test again after 6 months and you can keep testing if you want and you can keep preaching all you want about doctors not knowing anything but it won't change anything. after those tests you are negative for hiv and while you may still feel sick, it isn't hiv. Hopefully they will figure out what is wrong with you but if all you keep doing is testing for hiv and doubting the results and blaming the world then there isn't much anyone can do for you.
good luck ,
MC

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19093

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3