Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
dopey33

Reged: 07/01/09
Rash? Someone please provide 411
      #246809 - 07/31/09 01:27 PM

HI everyone. I am a little concerned. I had what appears to be a VERY low risk activity for contracting HIV but all of the sudden (itís been exactly a month) I developed weird spots on my chest. I canít really describe the spots but they are not bumps or appear in any way like pimples. They are simply spots!!! I am white and the spots where first pink (?) and then turned brown (I have the brown spots now). They kind of look like age spots but deep and I mean deep in the skin (not in the surface) or maybe like a sun tan gone bad. I hope you can image them by my description. Well anyways, I have not gotten any other symptom other than anxiety. I have read that ARS rash has bumps. Donít know how true that is. Anyways, your research or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah one more thing, I also shaved my chest about 2 weeks ago and I have been really itchy because of the hairs growing back.. Not sure if I got the spots because of that... PLEASE HELP. I need accurate information about the ARS rash that ppl might get when first infected.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: Rash? Someone please provide 411 new
      #246820 - 07/31/09 10:18 PM

There are no confirmed cases of transmission from getting a blow job. You did not have unprotected anal sex. You didn't even have sex. You had no risk.

Now after shaving your chest you jump to the conclusion that the rash that appeared is due to HIV and not a more direct and simple reason...you shaved and irritated your chest.

But you don't stop there.....

After this no risk situation and being overly concerned about a 'dime a dozen' rash you decided it must be due to ARS and that makes it necessary to post on another board "I just tested positive" because.....why?

I can't come up with a single good reason why you would be so insensitive as to think that your irrational concerns are so important as to 'rub salt in the wound' of the newly infected whom I'm sure would now love to have your risk factors instead of actually having true risks that have led them to becoming positive.

Now tell me, how do you think you come across whining about a no risk situation and wanting to discuss symptoms as if they mattered to people that are trying to deal with a life changing ACTUAL diagnosis. Remember, just as you are able to read the other boards, so are those of us that are positive. Posting on the other boards doesn't mean more will see and answer, it just means you are disregarding the posting rules. We all can read and post to any of the boards. It's just that most don't bother with the WW.

Go see a dermatologist for your rash. Quit surfing the web trying to match 'symptoms' and toying with the idea you have HIV. Test at 13 weeks since you won't accept the fact you had no risk factors and then please move on!

dopey33

Reged: 07/01/09
      #246822 - 08/01/09 12:39 AM

I m sorry to have offended u this bad.... I m just concerned and like any other person that has to wait until the appropiate time comes to get tested comes looks around for advise and help. Thanks for your response either way and please forgive me for posting in the other forum. I just thought that maybe a person who for sure is positive can relate to my problems and tell if they suffered these same symthoms before testing positive. Again sorry for offending u and may god bless u.

allangering
Regular

Reged: 07/04/09
      #247518 - 09/11/09 05:48 AM

A skin rash is a condition characterized by change in color, texture, and appearance of the skin that causes itching, inflammation, redness, pain, and blisters. There are many forms of rashes that can occur in the different parts of the body.To cure it Apply baking powder over the rash. Sprinkle a small amount in your hands and apply on the affected area to calm the itching and dry the rash.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3202

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threadsô 6.2.3