Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Michael
Unregistered

how conclusive is the test
      #2459 - 04/04/00 09:56 PM

i had a three month neg test well the exact days were 88 and 95 drom last exposuresm,so i bit over three months, how good percentage wise is that?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Wolfpac
Unregistered

Re: how conclusive is the test new
      #2460 - 04/04/00 09:56 PM

Well buddy, hi again. When you test for HIV you are taking the ELISA test (wich stands for enzyme linked immunosorbent assay) is a very sensitive test, so if you look at that test as a person, it would be a very positive person wich will tell you that the day is clear and bright, even if it ain't that much of a great day. So a person can have false positives with the ELISA test, so that's why they created this procedure I'm gonna tell you. First you go to the clinic, they test you and all that, if that ELISA comes positive, they retest it with yet another ELISA test, and if that ELISA comes positive, they test your blood yet AGAIN with another test called the Western Blot. The Western Blot, contrary to the ELISA, is very SPECIFIC, so if the sky's not that clear and bright, it will tell you exactly that, the sky is not that cler and bright.

What do all this means? That means that the Western Blot will probably give you a neg result while the ELISA will give you a positive one. So, if your tests are neg, it would be HIGHLY UNLIKELY for your blood to have HIV antibodies in it. Get it? The possibilities of you being negative would be, according to the experts , more like this, if you are negative in the 3 month test, there is a 10% possibility that you may show pos in the 6 month test. If you test neg in the 6 month, there is a .1% posibility that you are pos.

Try to keep in perspective that doctors HAVE to be negative people regarding this, they can't take the risk of you testing neg and really be pos, so, if your life was a big time boxing fight, I would bet some cash on you being neg.

Take care, kick ass, and like that the Galaxyquest guy...

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1428

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3