Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
whatsgoingon
Unregistered

possible exposure
      #2456 - 04/04/00 09:53 PM

One possible protected exposure with sex worker, she was on top. condom slips off after i came. had no symtoms at all but did a test on 22nd day after exposure tested negative. 4months from exposure later got sick with sore throat, muscle aches and mild fever. now, at 5months, no fever but still have sore throat and sore muscle but only involve thigh, chest and teres muscle. some pain in groin and armpit that comes and goes. no futher tests done, afraid of result if tested. does the above sounds familiar to anyone ?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Michael
Unregistered

Re: possible exposure new
      #2457 - 04/04/00 09:54 PM

hey, yeah sounds just like me!!! i had a unprotected sex encounter on sept 10 and 17th i took a test on nov 15th and passed it, then ondec. 15th and passed it as well, well while i was doing all this testing i was feeling awful and for about 5 weeks now i have hadvery sore muscles in my legs arms and also joints have been killin me, feels like im stiff allthe time, i work out alot, i play bball and stuff i have never recalled feeling this bad. i have no idea what it could be except for my lower back hasbeen killin me off and on for about 6 months so i don't think its hiv related cause my test would have at least shown up intermediate by 3 months, dude i know whatur going through!! its hell!!! i have other symptoms aswell but they went away just pain now. go get tested at 3months or more!!!

Wolfpac
Unregistered

Re: possible exposure new
      #2458 - 04/04/00 09:55 PM

First, let me clear up some thing, you shouldn't worry about symptoms, just testing. Why? Because people may or may not exhibit symptoms, and if they do, they can vary a lot from person to person. Anyway, the symptoms are always flu-like, and believe me your mind is a powerful muscle and can actually create symptoms if you worry too much or just think about it too much, and I can tell you that because I happen to be some kinda hypochondriac and if I worry too much about X, Y or Z disease, I get lymph node pain! So you can actually create that groin/neck pain with your mind, since those are very rich lymph node areas. Muscle pain is more related to stress than with flu... do I make myself clear pal?

Here is the bottom line... go get tested, first of all, I would say you are neg, HIV is very, very, VERY hard to get, and men are less prone to infection ('cept homosexuals, and that's because of their sexual behaviors, i.e. anal sex, in wich there is almost always some kinda bleeding). Oh, and HIV is very hard to get because oxygen kills that HIV motherf!!!!! almost instantly.

My advice, go get tested, don't torture yourself. In life it's better to repent from the thing you have done than for the ones you didn't do... testing will tell you if you are neg, so you can go on with your life and be more careful and try not to engage in those kinda risky thing (you shouldn't be paying for something that can be as beautiful as sex), and if you are positive, that can tell you to get treatment (people with HIV today can live a LOT if they take care, and a lot means 15+ years with it, and as they keep researching, possibly a lot more) and not to infect other people.

If you need someone to listen to you,
or just someone to ask or say whatever, feel free to e-mail pal, and remember to remove the words SPAMBLOCK.

Wolfpack!!
Never give up
Never surrender!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1586

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3