Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

do condom really work ?
      #24549 - 11/12/01 04:31 PM

people are getting infected and they say they had no exposure to a person with HIV maybe they got it from Kissing or even sex with a condom ? or sitting in the hot tub or bathroom shower in a health club floor.
Since these people are getting infected and they don't know how it must be something besides unprotected sex.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: do condom really work ? new
      #24558 - 11/12/01 10:28 PM

whatever Guess

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: do condom really work ? new
      #24584 - 11/13/01 01:37 PM

Did it ever occur to you that people lie about their exposures? Take the guy that is a closet bi-sexual. He gets infected and doesn't want to tell his wife how it really happened so he makes up some story about stepping on a needle, getting it from a hot tub, shaking hands with someone, etc, etc, etc. Or the wife who had a long term affair and doesn't want to tell her husband how she got infected so she says she got it from some blood on a sandwich, the hairdresser nicked himself and then her, drinking water that might have had blood in it, or she just doesn't know how it happened. Of course they tell these stories to everyone else just to reinforce the lie. The problem is that there are naive people in the world that actually believe the lies. Soon the lies become gospel and panic is created.

HIV is transmitted through unprotected receptive and insertive anal sex. Unprotected receptive and insertive vaginal sex. Giving (not getting) a Blow Job. Blood to blood such as a needle stick in a health care setting (tho this is rare) Blood transfusions (tho' our blood supply is tested and safe). Mother to child transmission such as nursing or during birth, tho' the risk is much less if the mother is on antiretrovial drugs and has an undectable viral load.

Anytime you hear an off the wall story about how someone got infected, ask yourself, what is it they possible could be trying to hide. I don't think there are that many people who are infected that just don't know how it happened.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1267

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3