Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
RMT

Reged: 01/16/09
Rash & Sore Throat
      #243905 - 01/16/09 06:42 AM

I am male and I had a short unprotected exposure (vaginal intercourse - 10 - 15 seconds without condom) to a woman of unknown status in November last year. Some 2-3 weeks later i woke up with a small red rash on the side of my body underneath my left arm and about 5 inches below my armpit. The rash was itchy and was abut 2 inches in diameter. The rash cleared in 4 days.

Around the same time (perhaps later that day - i canīt remember clearly) I had painful lymph nodes and a sore throat. The lymph nodes subsided in a few days and the sore persisted for 10 days - 2 weeks.

I didnīt think anything of this until one of my friends told me that the girl sleeps around a bit. Then i started checking the internet for symptoms (the worst thing i could have done) and i am now panicking that i have contracted HIV.

I am out of my home country and i will test when i return in 8 weeks.

Can anyone offer any advice in the meatime as to whether this sounds like HIV?.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
testednegative

Reged: 12/30/08
Re: Rash & Sore Throat new
      #243908 - 01/16/09 10:01 AM

NEVER JUDGE HIV BY ITS SYMPTOMS. You should understand that hiv doesnt have telltale symptoms and it can many a time mainfest without any symptoms. So i think you should go and get tested ASAP. No one can tell you whether you are positive or negative by looking at symptoms. And all symptoms of the body can be manifested by the mind if it believes that you have got HIV

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4602

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3