Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
whatthe

Reged: 01/11/09
Dentist Appt - Could this happen ??
      #243822 - 01/11/09 06:49 PM

OMG. I'm such a dork. I just posted this on the other board by accident. Here is a copy and paste of this here where I should have put it. Apparently I am not thiniking clearly.
Ok. Here is the deal. I had a dentist appt for a filling in November where I ended up getting the cold sore virus from the person assisting the dentist. I had noticed she had a horrible looking cold sore and every so often seemed to adjust her mask but I in now way thought she would pass that onto me. I'm guessing she must have directly touched it with her gloves before touching my mouth. OMG I've gotten two outbreaks of the uggliest cold sores. Huge! Quarter size. More than 1 spot each time. Now this has me wondering. Could I have also contracted HIV? It is 8 weeks since this happened. About 3-4 weeks after this incident occured, I ended up getting really sick. It started on a Saturday. I had the worst headaches, horrible chills, some nausea...when i stood up to long i felt like i was going to pass out. After a couple days I ended also having a head cold with a pretty good fever for about 2 days. Not sure how high it was since I was traveling for work at this time and didn't run out to buy a thermometer. This whole time I had such chills I couldn;'t keep myself warm. By the end of the week I felt like my cold had moved into my chest because i could hear some wheezing and was coughing some mucous up. sorry tmi So called the doc and he prescribed an anitbiotic for me. I also ended up getting a bit of a rash at some point after thse symptoms occured. It was a minor rash on my forehead. I was wondering if it was related to the new scent I bought to put on my dog after its bath at that time since my dog sleeps with me (literally on my pillow) but now I'm wondering if its related to something else.
I'm looking to see what you guys think? I've really started to worry about this now and am going to try and look into some anymous testing in my area this week. Could I be worrying for nothing? I've got small kids and I just can;t imagine what I would do thinking I might not be there to see them grow up. I feel like I'm driving myself crazy right now with worry....

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
whatthe

Reged: 01/11/09
Re: Dentist Appt - Could this happen ?? new
      #243833 - 01/12/09 08:20 PM

Well I now have some hope where before I had none. I just got tested today using the Rapid blood test. The nurse told me that 96% seroconvert by this time so that I should feel better about things but to definiely retest in one month. She said that if the retest in one month (which would be my 3 month point) is negative then I should put this to rest. I'm so hoping this is the case. I can;t believe how sick I was a month ago. She said that poeple who usually show significant symptoms tend to show up positive sooner than not. I have no idea how much of this is really true but at least going today made me feel better...although the 3 hr wait was absolute torture!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2594

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3