Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Scared
      #24323 - 11/07/01 01:47 PM

I have posted this already, but cannot find my previous post, so here goes. I am 15 years old, and when I was 12, I got my ear pierced in the British Virgin Islands, it was me and 2 friends. We were very very stupid. I know these kids were not infected at the time, so keep that in mind. The man put some sort of Gel on a needle, and went right down the line, pierced us all. I cannot recall if he changed the needle or not. It was one of those piercing guns. I want to know, how at risk am I? I am really really nervous, and I need some answers, thanks.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
worried22yo
Expert

Reged: 10/26/01
Loc: Northeast PA
Re: Scared new
      #24332 - 11/07/01 04:33 PM

Hey! Taking into account that you KNOW your friends were not infected it is very VERY unlikely that you were infected. It is unfortunate the guy didn't change that needle but since HIV has a VERY short life span outside of the body and your friends were negative, I would have to say that you are in really good shape!! :)
Trust me most of us here would swap positions with you any day. If you are going to obsess over it, though, go to a local clinic; it is free and most places do not require parental consent. Best of luck and stay safe!

Positive or negative, we're all in it together. Good luck to all battling this horrible disease.

--------------------
Good luck to everyone!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#24334 - 11/07/01 04:54 PM

how short is this lifespan?

worried22yo
Expert

Reged: 10/26/01
Loc: Northeast PA
      #24335 - 11/07/01 05:07 PM

while i am unsure of an exact time it is minutes at best--i am sure you can find this on th ebody. try to relax and get tested so you can get over this!!

Positive or negative, we're all in it together. Good luck to all battling this horrible disease.

--------------------
Good luck to everyone!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1445

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3