Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Glum
New User

Reged: 08/27/08
Can you get HIV even if u dont ejaculate
      #241662 - 08/27/08 08:30 AM

Hi Guys..been reading the threads here and apprecite the answers from RAVi and Co.

My qustion is..I was drunk 3 nights ago and for the 1st time had sex with a prostitute.I dont remember much but guilt is killing me.She put a condom on me and we had sex.I never came at all and we stopped.I'm concerned cos I cant remember if the condom broke or not...I do remember taking it off tho but cant remember anything else except that I didnt cum.
question..

1.Can I be infected...?
2.What can I do..medication wise
3.and do i wait 3 months b4 I get tested.
4.If I slept with my wife since then Is she at risk?

Please help guys

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
pixie
New User

Reged: 08/18/08
Re: Can you get HIV even if u dont ejaculate new
      #241669 - 08/27/08 03:33 PM

Hi there,
Your risk is dependent on the state of the condom after you used it. Having protected sex does not usually warrant testing etc. If I am not mistaken, and through personal experience, when a condom breaks it is usually quite a large rip which would be quite hard to miss.
If you are concerned about the possibility that the condom could have broken, a test at 6-weeks could be encouraging but 3-months is needed for conclusive testing.
If you are worried about infecting your wife, use condoms until you receive a definitive result.
I don't know the state of your marriage etc, but as for the guilty feelings you describe, it may be best to level with her. That way you can get through this together.

Jackie__Blue
Veteran

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: Can you get HIV even if u dont ejaculate new
      #241671 - 08/27/08 06:11 PM

First off whether you came or not doesn't matter in terms of HIV transmission for you. People don't become infected from their own body fluids.

Now:

1.Can I be infected...?
It's highly unlikely the condom ripped, but even if it did, you would have been protected up to that point and the CDC estimate of becoming infected when the sex is completely unprotected and the woman is actually HIV+ is only 5 in 10,000.

2.What can I do..medication wise

Nothing. Even if you could get a doctor to start you on PEP for such a low/non risk, the time limit to start is 72 hours.

3.and do i wait 3 months b4 I get tested.

The majority of people infected will test postive between 4 and 6 weeks. Many countries and a couple of states now recognize 6 weeks as being conclusive. However, the CDC still uses the 3 month mark as conclusive.

4.If I slept with my wife since then Is she at risk?

While it's unlikely that you acquired HIV, if you did and you are having unprotected sex, then yes, you put your wife at risk.

I'm always a bit intriqued when I see this type of question. Obviously you are greatly concerned about if you put yourself at risk and have become infected. Why then would you consider putting yourself and more to the point, your wife, in a position where you feel you have to ask if you put her at risk?

Also a very important point.

You seem only concerned about HIV. Other very nasty STD's are much easier to pass along than HIV, some are passed easily even when there is condom use. So while you might not have had a high risk for acquiring HIV, you put yourself at risk for other STD's and should see your doctor in order to check for other diseases you might have gotten. Many of which your wife would be at greater risk to get from you. Protected sex or not.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12682

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3