Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
pixie

Reged: 08/18/08
risk assesment please?
      #241477 - 08/18/08 09:51 AM

Hi there from South Africa,
I just have a few queries about HIV and I ask if you can assess my risks?
1. I went to a club recently and cut my leg on a very prominent step. I only noticed the next morning. I am worried that someone else could have cut themselves on it before me. Also, I walked around with this cut the whole night and brushed past people without realizing that it was in fact bleeding and open.
2. I know its stupid to share toothbrushes, but I have on occasion shared toothpaste with people, is that considered a risk?
3. Last night I cut my foot on glass and without thinking, I took a shower a few minutes later. I live in a University Residence and have to share showers. I am worried that someone could have masturbated in the shower before I used it and fluids could have gotten into my cut? Is this a risk?
Finally, I have only ever had sex with my girlfriend who was up until now a virgin.
Thank you

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Florida69
Legend

Reged: 02/19/07
Re: risk assesment please? new
      #241478 - 08/18/08 10:48 AM

1. No risk, oxygen kills the virus, in 25+ years casual contact has never transmitted HIV

2. No risk, oxygen kills the virus, in 25+ years casual contact has never transmitted HIV, and using someone else's toothbrush is gross.

3. No risk, oxygen kills the virus and HIV is not transmitted through casual contact...

You have no risk.

Since you are going to school and are expanding your mind, perhaps it is time to find out how HIV is transmitted. HIV is a very fragile virus, the only ways to catch HIV are through pentrative sex, where you share body fluids and sharing needles. As the insertive male your chance is low, but there is a chance. If you are an IV drug user, or going to get a basic shot from the doctor be sure to you use clean needles.

Good luck, D

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Re: risk assesment please? new
      #241527 - 08/19/08 10:24 PM

Pixie,

There is no risk from the exposure you report. I wouldn’t worry one little bit about it. As for you having sex with your girlfriend, well, whether she is virgin or not doesn’t matter, use condoms religiously( if you don’t), and it is not only to protect you from HIV, but also other potential hazards like pregnancy and other infections.

Good luck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2436

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3