Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
peezy

Reged: 07/21/08
Just married, could this be HIV?
      #240862 - 07/21/08 04:53 PM

Here's what happened and susequent symptoms. Friday night we went to a stip club. My buddies bought me lap dance after lap dance. Many of the girls there got extremely close, sucking on my neck, nipples, ears, chest, stomach and letting me do the same to them. One of them grabbed my penis under my pants for about five seconds. Now I know that these are not risky activities, but after leaving the club I noticed the ring finger on my right hand had a fresh cut (that must have happened that night) the lengh of maybe an inch. It had bled out a little from the cut while I was in the club by the time I noticed it. I can't be sure how it got there, don't think they bit me or anything? As soon as I noticed it I stupidly sucked on it to clear the blood, which revealed the thin cut. From what I can remember, the finger did not enter into anyone's vagina or mouth but can't be sure whether any of the stippers' juices got on it or not (they wore panties). I also did not notice any of the stippers bleeding but those places are so dark I can't be sure.

Saturday the boys decided to have entertainment come to us. They ordered two different "in-house" strippers to put on a show and give me a lot of attention being that I was the bachelor. They had an assortment of games including the following acts on me:
Stripped me down to my boxer briefs (tore a whole in the back of them), Did some of the same as on Friday, then had me eat whipped cream off them, chocolate syrup off one of their butts while they were completely naked. They then made a sandwich out of my head with their butts, each pounding into the opposite side of my head. Then one of them had me take a test tube out of her vagina with my mouth(the end that was sticking out)to take a shot of Tequila that was inside. The last two got too close for comfort. One of them brought out a strap-on that goes on your chin, and she proceeded to insert it inside of herself with my face having a front row seat to her parts. Lastly, the other one put a ring pop candy in my mouth (the plasic side where your finger's supposed to go), so that the candy part was sticking out of my mouth. She then basically sat on it while I again had an up-close & personal view millimeters from my mouth. No direct contact between my mouth and their vaginas that I can remember, just as close as you can get though. The last part worries me. Once the ring pop performance in front of my face was over, she took it out of my mouth and put the candy end in my mouth (the part that had been inside of her vagina which was exposed to her fluids) while I was laying down without my consent. At most it was in my mouth for 3-4 seconds before I spit it out. Once their show was over, I showered and brushed my teeth twice.

I was not all too worried about the events above until 9 days afterward when I came down with some chills, hot flashes, muscle & joint aches, tingling & numbness in hands & feet, feeling I had a fever (but did not), extreme fatigue, mouth dryness, slight sweating at night, skin dryness all over that I have never experienced before, I think swollen glands in my neck (not sure)and overall feeling ill. These symptoms lasted for the next five days. On the fifth day, I went to an urgent care physician and described my concern. He ran bloodwork, including an HIV test. In about twenty minutes he came back with a negative result & mentioned that he saw "no traces" of HIV in my blood...not sure what that means. He did notice my White Blood Cell count low and attributed it to the possibility that I had just a minor viral infection. I felt great after testing eventough not a conclusive time period after exposure. The next day (which is a week after I began feeling ill), I still felt very fatigued, got diarreha in the morning, lost my appetite, and got a fever that night(100.6 was the highest I took before I quit taking my temperature), had generalized lower abdominal pain, and got a severe headache. That night I got a severe night sweat. The next day I did not have an appetite, and got a fever again starting earlier in the day with an intense headache. I noticed some cankers in my mouth as well. During these two days, I felt more sick than I can remember. It felt terrible to move or sit still or lay down or sit up or close my eyes or open them...you get the point, I couldn't find relief.

The next day I went to see my primary care physician again. He assured me again that he did not think I have HIV, and actually prescibed XANAX to ease my anxiety over the matter, and anxiety over getting married and thinking I'm ill (which happened a week after my appointment). Once I started to take the XANAX, I felt better pysically. Two days later though I developed an ulcer on the left side of my throat with a white patch on it. I have not experienced fever since those two days. Three days later though I began to feel ill that night (did have three drinks while on XANAX). But the next day I again felt extreme fatigue, got diarreha, no appetite, mouth dryness overall feeling very ill for the next several days, still no fever (these few days BTW were my wedding eve rehearsal & dinner with 85 guests, wedding day with about 250 guests, and day-after with a brunch for about 40 family members). The night we got back to the hotel after my wedding, I got a rash on the left side of my lower abdomen with a long & narrow raised area with red around it. I also got night sweat. The rash was gone by the morning but there was a little mark where the raised area had been.

Over my honeymoon felt better but still felt extreme fatigue, hot flashes at times,red areas that I couldn't tell were rashes or not, insomnia. And my throat began to feel tighter. Almost like I am just about to get a soar throat but it's not actually soar when I swallow. And here I am today, about a month after I started feeling crummy and feel a bit better but still not feeling like me.

Don't know what else to do at this point. Spend most of my time each day wondering what the heck has been going on with my body. Up until this point, I have not been sick for this long (already had Mono), and have been in very good health every time I have a check-up. Just about every night taking some sort of sleep aid medication because can't sleep otherwise.

Could this be HIV? Could it be another STD? Could stress & anxiety over being ill and having a wedding make symptoms from a minor infection last much longer?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bios23
Expert

Reged: 04/27/08
Re: Just married, could this be HIV? new
      #240865 - 07/21/08 08:34 PM

To put things on perspective
if you would get HIV from this, you would get the whole CDC investigating your case and it would be mentioned on books, magazines, and who knows, even on Fox... it would be just too 'surreal' to actually happen

I really don't think it was a real exposure to HIV. And from the symptoms I think your doc did the right thing with prescribing the xanax! not that I'm a doctor but I do get anxiety attacks from time to time and your symptoms are so typical of anxiety.

I think you could have exposed yourself for other Std's that are easier to catch. But HIV?? mmmm . not really.
Mouth is a hostile place for HIV, and you would have got it from CANDY. so Really I think your risk for HIV was negligible at best (just to not say ZERO )

Trust your docs and more than 20 years of data on HIV. You didn't have a real exposure

Samurai
Fanatic

Reged: 06/25/08
Loc: Texas, USA
      #240912 - 07/23/08 01:40 AM

See a doctor.
It might be nothing but stress but we are not doctors here.

You should check your HIV status no matter how much you partied.
But vaginal contact is very low risk.

I think you are overreacting and fear HIV too much. IMHO.

If you still feel like crap, go get checked out.

~Samuari

--------------------
I am forever amazed at the abundance of hydrogen and ignorance in the universe.
~Albert Einstein

Edited by Samurai (07/23/08 10:54 AM)

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
      #240960 - 07/24/08 06:15 PM

Nothing you relayed would be a cause for concern for HIV transmission. You did not have unprotected vaginal, anal or oral sex. I would assume that's why your doctor told you not to worry and put you on Xanax.

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #241094 - 08/02/08 10:18 PM

Hi there,

I do not see any cause of concern as far as HIV is concerned from the activities you report... you are fine!

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4036

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3