Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
uglyduck
Grand Master

Reged: 08/21/07
Loc: Dominican Republic
it looks like HIV finally got me
      #240573 - 07/10/08 12:55 AM

Not, my test is not positive (not yet)... But my symptoms look way to obvious.

2 or 3 weeks post exposure

Joint Paints (knees, wrists, pelvis, legs, arms, toes and fingers)
Back Pain (Burning Sensation -> my back got really hot)
Decrease in appetite
Weight Loss (10 lbs)

4 weeks post exposure

Nasty rash behind my left ear (like a scar + 2 nasty red dots (plenty loss of skin)) Gone by now
Small Rash like 1cm in left leg => below waist, above knee (plenty loss of skin)
Small dot right leght (above ankle, below knee)
Weight Loss (8 lbs => Total 18 lbs).
Acne-like wash close to left eyebrow

My life really *****!!! and it really ***** to be me...

All i got is a negative at 28 days.. today is the 34th.. I will take an ELIZA today...

My exposure:

Went to a massage parlor in the dominican republic, 3 out 4 condoms broke during vaginal sex and had to sores due to masturbation -not bleeding- but have not healed completely...

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
U_mushroomhaters
Regular

Reged: 05/13/08
Re: it looks like HIV finally got me new
      #240585 - 07/10/08 11:50 AM

dude come on really you know better do not go by symptoms and to be honest none of that sounds anything like hiv you have read enough to know that

uglyduck
Grand Master

#240592 - 07/10/08 07:00 PM

I know, I know... but what else do I have.. anyhow those rashes are nasty man...

Anyhow, I took a test a 34 days post-exposure... well see if i'm still in the game or if i just turn out to be a casualty in this conflict...

Regards...

vivo
Grand Master

Reged: 05/16/07
      #240604 - 07/10/08 10:20 PM

Don't waste your time and money.You know that a 13 week test is conclusive.You have read all the HIV information in this site.You have got more knowledge than many users here.But,if a test right away works for you.It's OK.That can give you some peace of mind.Juan Carlos from Ecuador told me that when a condom fails there is a small risk,a very small risk.Of course if you change it inmediately.So,I think that's your case.I hope you can understand this words.I am learning English.So,be patient with me.Take care.
This can sound very common but I think you will be OK.

bios23
Expert

Reged: 04/27/08
      #240605 - 07/10/08 10:45 PM

I think Juan Carlos is actually from Argentina. but anyways what Vivo says makes sense.

and duck dude.. stop doign that to yourself
you CAN'T self diagnose yourself...
if your gf has flu symptoms almost immediately after KISSING you and you have muscle pain later... maybe its just a flu??? its most likely to catch it than 'catching' HIV

your logic is going kinda like:
if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it could be a dragon...

Symptoms mean nothing...and if they ever appear they don't appear 'immediatly' after the experience. and as vivo said you are very aware of this since you already had a 'scare' once...

Chances are you don't really have HIV... but i do hope you get scared enough this time to never do it again. if not for yourself, then for your so-called girlfriend... just get an elisa at 3 months and stop exposing yourself to this

uglyduck
Grand Master

#240608 - 07/10/08 11:50 PM

Thanks for your wonderful words Vivo.. I do appreciate the encourament comming from you. So, you're learning english... well, your english looks excellent. You and Juan Carlos are right, is time for me to calm down and take it easy... By the way 2 of the condoms that broke, broke when I was about to penetrate her (with the tip of my penis going in)... so that leaves one condom breaking inside the girl.... It's time for me to get a hold of myself and man up...

Thank you very much for your advice..

uglyduck
Grand Master

#240609 - 07/11/08 12:05 AM

Agree with you man.. is good to have people that make you come to your senses when you are going CU-CU...

BTW, your comment about "if it walks like duck and quacks like a duck, it could be a dragon"... you're right man... i should know better...

Believe me, this time I have learn more than enough this time...
Thank you very much for your words... I'll just wait for my results tomorrow, post them, and then wait at least 60 days to test one more time, and finally 90 days. I'll keep all of you post it... In the mean time, I'll stay away from the forums..

See ya later!!

U_mushroomhaters
Regular

Reged: 05/13/08
      #240612 - 07/11/08 12:52 AM

Dude what did they say at med help and aidsmeds come on man you swore up and down you learned your lesson maybe the priesthood is something you should consider LOL just kidding man stop doing this if you are just going to freak out for 6 months every time

uglyduck
Grand Master

Negative at 34 days new
      #240620 - 07/11/08 03:04 PM

Ok... so i was negative at 34 days. I still have 56 days to go. I'll let you know the result of that test..

All fo you take good care of yourselfs...

MiamiLat
Guardian

Reged: 12/30/05
Loc: Miami, FL
      #240622 - 07/11/08 03:41 PM

Amigo! I see you're back again. Based on your exposure, I don't think you are at significant risk. I expect you to continue testing NEG! But don't overdo it, a test a 6 wks and a final one at 12/ 13 wks is enough!

--------------------
"Education, prevention, awareness, research, and support"

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8316

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3