Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Michael
Unregistered

conversion, please read and respond
      #2405 - 04/04/00 09:29 PM

ok i gotta question, i have read when u get the ARS u get common symptoms and really can't tell it apart from any other viral infection and it occurs from 2-4 weeks after exposure. ok i have read that u get swollen glands, night sweats, fatigue, fever. ok heres my case i started feeling bad at about 8 weeks after exposure, i got swollen glands, and had a headache. i went to the texas dept health and got an hiv test on nov 15th and passed it my exposure was on sept 10th and sept 17th, so on november 17th i went to my family doctor and he gave me a mono test and i passed it but he did say i had a viral infection cause my white blood cells were higher than normal they were 13 instead of 10. but i told him about my encounters and he said i have nothing to worry about. so on december 15th i got another test, (still waiting for results, should be in 2morrow) also around the first of december like the 5th i got a bad cough only at night mostly. so i went to a different doc and he said i had broncitus and i took antibotics and now im ok so heres my dilemma, i also read where these symptoms would go away after a week or 2. so when i stated feeling bad i took that first test and passed it. and i took medicine and they got better, and after a while when i went agian i and i had broncitus also i have read where all these symptoms will happen all at once and are not spread out like im having cause at first about 8 weeks from my last exposure, i started feeling bad as i mentioned with only a few of those symptpoms. and now since about dec 10th i have had sore muscles and joints. now there starting to go away as my cough is also so from what i read it most likely wouldn't be ARS would it? for the simple fact that symptoms didn't happen till about 8 1/2 weeks and were spread out so much, and the body, says that symptoms start about 2-4 weeks after exposure and on;y last till bout 1-2 weeks and go away but c mine came and went and now my symptoms are totally different than the first ones now i have headache, sore muscles and cough but also i read one ''the body'' where sneezing, and a runny nose were not assoicated withARS and i had that very badly over the period of time, the doc said i had a sinus infection(which is not uncommon for me i have a past of gettin them) the first time i went 2 him. so ARS doesn't come then leave and come back like that from what i have read, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
been_there
Unregistered

Re: conversion, please read and respond new
      #2406 - 04/04/00 09:30 PM

You are doing the right thing by getting tested. I went through 6 months of hell twice (because I'm a slow learner). I was sure I was pos. I had swollen glands, a rash, fever the whole shoot'n match. As it turns out, I'm neg. I don't know your risk factors and that does make a difference. But, try to stay calm as stress will only make things worse. I hope things turn out for you as they did for me.

Frank Stevens
Unregistered

#2408 - 04/04/00 09:30 PM

That is a good point. At this time, there is nothing you can do but pray and wait. It doesn't sound like ARS, but people's experiences vary widely. Your 2 mth test is reassuring and if this latest 3 mth test comes back good, I'd say you are in the clear. Just remember how miserable these mths are next time you decide to have unprotected sex! I know I have learned my lesson, and I'm learning it more everyday as I have 1 wk before I take my 3 mth test and 3 mths after that to be 100% sure.

Good Luck

Countdown
Unregistered

#2410 - 04/04/00 09:31 PM

Michael,
I have reread your posting several times it really hits a nerve. I've been interested (and praying) about your situation. Have you had your 6 month test back yet? I hope it is oka

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2275

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3