Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Insertive Oral risk
      #24028 - 10/30/01 08:53 PM

Does anyone knows what the risks are for insertive unprotected oral sex? I've had a possible exposure about 3 weeks ago, and now i m having itching sensations all over. can someone help me? My only risk was this one event where the girl performed oral sex on me.. can someone tell me what my risks are ? i m really worried. all comments are appreciated. =( thank u

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Rodger
Unregistered

Re: Insertive Oral risk new
      #24030 - 10/30/01 09:08 PM

If you go to the forums section on this web site you will find lots of info on oral sex. The general opinion is that oral sex is only a theoretical risk. It seems saliva does not transmit the virus very well.

Try not to stress out about it. I know how it feels at 3 weeks (I am currently at 5 weeks). You will be fine.

altazar
Expert

Reged: 11/14/00
      #24032 - 10/30/01 09:14 PM

your fine no need to worry move on .
peace ,,,,,,,ALT

Anonymous
Unregistered

#24037 - 10/31/01 12:01 AM

thanx rodger, your comments are very encouraging. i m just scared, and its hard to do anything right now with this mindset. i'm struggling through it all. I've read alot of websites on the net, and they've all indicated that there is a possible risk with oral sex, even if u r the insertive party. And i don't like playing the probability game much, i m usually unlucky person with that .0001%. i just hope these next few months goes by quickly so i can enjoy my life again. By the way, mind if i ask what your situation is ? and how has it been your last 5 weeks ?

mental_case
Guardian

Reged: 08/20/00
      #24039 - 10/31/01 01:17 AM

As stated receiving oral sex does not pose a risk of hiv but... there are other std's that can be passed this way and I would not have brought it up except you mentioned itching all over which may be something or could just be nerves. Most bacterial std's are curable with the correct antibiotic and while the viral std's are not curable they are at least treatable. Talk with your Doctor about your concerns or go to planned parenthood and they should be able to help you out.
MC

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1867

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3