Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
559guy

Reged: 06/23/08
She gets her results Tuesday
      #240248 - 06/27/08 04:04 PM

Well the girl i had sex with almost 2 months ago is getting her results Tuesday. Im scared, I had asked her a personal question on how long ago was her last sex partner before me and i tried to explain the window period and she just blew up and hung up on me.

Im not having problems with my sore throat anymore which the doctor said was from acid reflux. Can it just go awy likt that?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
dave1030

Reged: 03/28/08
Re: She gets her results Tuesday new
      #240280 - 06/28/08 02:00 PM

yes, I got diagnosed with the same thing(gerd)but didn't believe it. My sore throat lasted like a month then went away for a few days then kept coming back so i guess the docs were right. I am a very unhealthy eater, coffee,fast food,junk food, Basically everything that causes reflux.My possible exposure occured in the begining of Feb.I have negative tests till this day.I have severe muscle & joint pain(fatigue),constant headaches(sometimes severe),diahrea for a few days then mushy stools the next week.weight loss(11 lbs),actually I cant even gain weight,some weird looking rash on my foot(they look like little red dots),night sweats,I did have some wierd white coating on my toungue(probably from the reflux),sever numbness in my arms & hands(only when im sleeping or when I wake up from sleeping),swollen lymph nodes under my jaw line,severe loss of appetite.Now here is the tricky part, I believe I infected my wife.She has a lot of similar symptoms but hers happen all at once, like a flu that last a week.We have unprotected sex so probably we are just passing it back & forth, & starting a new window period if thats possible.Her negative test after what i thought was her seroconversion was negative.I think she would of produced some kind of antibodies by now.

So i guess you should take a 3 month test, wear protection oral & vaginal, & if thats your only symptom then reflux is what it was.

559guy

Reged: 06/23/08
      #240290 - 06/28/08 03:45 PM

Sore throat is not my only symptom (dry mouth, always have mucus and gotta clear my throat)
I also had diarrhea for about 4-5 days
follow by constipation for about 6 days
and the last 4 days i still haven't really had a normal bowl movement, just very small ones

i lost about 12 pounds
i felt itchy for about about a day
my jaw hurts
fatigue

the only one i know about my possible exposure is my mom. I feel like she is annoyed of me because im always down and scared. I guess she doesn't understand. oh yeah and the girl i had sex with.

This may silly but i also had made out with a girl may 22nd. she kissed very aggressive no biting but sucking on my tongue. It was so gross that i never talked to her again. I know they kissing doesnt pass HIV but is there a chance? since i did read there has been one case.

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
      #240293 - 06/28/08 04:30 PM

I'd a hung up on you too. You probably nagged her to death to get tested.

You didn't have a risk. Until you can come to terms with how HIV is transmitted you probably should leave the girls alone. Will save you a lot of unnecessary grief.

dave1030

Reged: 03/28/08
      #240295 - 06/28/08 04:45 PM

What type of girls are you kissing. Also did you check hepatitus.Itchy skin is a symptom of hepatitus.

Edited by dave1030 (06/28/08 04:48 PM)

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
      #240296 - 06/28/08 04:59 PM

I hope you aren't lumping all Hepatitis strains together. HBV can be transmitted via kissing. It's also not hard to treat. Kissing is not considered a risk for HCV which is normally transmitted by needle and can cause major liver damage over many years.

Itchy skin is also a symptom of allergies, dry skin, scabies, lice, hives, liver disease, kidney failure, anemia, cancer, thyroid problems, drug reaction, etc, etc, etc. Get the point?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3582

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3