Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
scared_elf

Reged: 06/11/08
blood exposure- please help!
      #240065 - 06/22/08 02:33 PM

Today I went to get a few documents photocopied at a photocopy shop. When I came to pick the documents up the woman who had done the copying brought the documents out and apologized as she accidentally stapled her finger and got about 1cm of blood on the paper. Unfortunately, she told me this while I was touching the bloody area. The documents must have been lying there for about 10 minutes with the blood on them. The mark is about 1cm. I often bite my nails and therefore I have cuticles which are often open and sore. So I am so scared the blood on the page could have touched my nails. I also live in South Africa where HIV is really bad.
Any thoughts or advice would be very much appreciated.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: blood exposure- please help! new
      #240076 - 06/22/08 05:44 PM

I've read your other posts. Really need to nip this OCD thing in the bud. It's pretty clear you've latched on to HIV and it's starting to spiral. Ask Chris - Bad Mushroom, etc. about how the FEAR of HIV can destroy your life more than HIV ever can.

U_mushroomhaters
Regular

Reged: 05/13/08
      #240078 - 06/22/08 06:14 PM

Its true I lost my job my family three years of my life and still have panic attacks (I probably would have been committed if iI had better insurance) And even though I have had 13 tests of all types PCR,NAAT,ELISA I still am somehow convinced I have HIV You would do better by not following in my steps good luck

LondonLad

Reged: 06/01/08
Loc: London, UK
      #240084 - 06/22/08 08:26 PM

No risk ... NEXT!

scared_elf

Reged: 06/11/08
      #240090 - 06/22/08 09:08 PM

I do hear you, and I have got the whole OCD thing...And its hard to live with.
But I just can't help but think: how can this not be a risk? Its a blood-to-blood transmission?

Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
      #240099 - 06/23/08 07:25 AM

Quote:

I do hear you, and I have got the whole OCD thing...And its hard to live with.
But I just can't help but think: how can this not be a risk? Its a blood-to-blood transmission?

I was brought up that there are no stupid questions. Over the years, this board and others like it have proven that wrong.

People don't get infected from blood on a paper, sharing glasses or joints, getting a shower, hanging out at crowded clubs or any of the other ways your mind can come up with to worry about HIV transmission.

IT'S TRANSMITTED VIA UNPROTECTED SEX, NEEDLE TRANSMISSION (not blood to blood) and MOTHER TO CHILD DURING BIRTH OR FROM BREASTFEEDING. THAT'S IT. THAT'S ALL. IF YOUR QUESTIONS DOESN'T FIT INTO ANY OF THE ABOVE CATEGORIES, which none of yours have, THEN IT IS NOT A RISK FOR TRANSMISSION OF HIV.

It's people like you with your irrational fear of HIV transmission that helps to feed the stigma making people with HIV out to be more dangerous than we are.

Some poor fool will read this 'concern' and perhaps your other 'concerns' about your boyfriend and actually think you have a valid reason to worry. They and you are wrong, but the myth will continue......

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #240170 - 06/25/08 08:47 PM

Hi,

No risk as far as HIV is concerned. From your prior posts and this one, i think you need to get yourself aware on how HIV is transmitted. You will find numerous resources on the web imparting information on this particular topic.

Good luck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3883

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3