Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
nervous2008

Reged: 05/13/08
Way Nervous.. Any thoughts?
      #239243 - 05/13/08 01:16 PM

Ok. Here is the story and I would appreciate any insight.
I am 36 m, smoker, ashtma, and drink. I take advair everyday for ashtma and Lexapro for anxiety.
On Dec 15th, I had unprotected sex. On Feb 26th, 2008, I had protected sex but gave unprotected oral.
On March 16th, I was diagnosed with strep and pneumonia (BTW - I had pneumonia and pleuracy last summer as well.) I took Levaquin for 10 days and seemed to be ok. I stopped smoking once I got pneumonia. I get sweats every day and night (mostly while I think and worry about the possiblity of HIV). On April 26th, I went to play some poker in a way smoky poker room. Drank but did not smoke (enogh 2nd hand for evreyone). On April 27th woke up with white hairy tongue. On April 28th, got tested [9 weeks since last encounter and over 4 months of 1st encounter] and cameback negative. The white stuff hasnt gone away [I stopped advair once this symptom arose]. Went to doctor and he thinks it might be thrush so take some special lozanges for 2 weeks. I still get get sweats and chills every day and night mostly when I worry so much. Everyone is sick at the office and now I have sinus infection. I lost 5 pounds in the last 2 months, so not much weight loss. Not unusal fatigue.
I am now at 11 weeks and will get tested at the end of the week.
I am so freaked out. Any thoughts?
Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Robertguy
Regular

Reged: 03/09/08
Re: Way Nervous.. Any thoughts? new
      #239247 - 05/13/08 06:05 PM

Hi, Nervous2008
You surprised me a lot, 'cause my situation is almost like yours.
I gave unproctected oral aswell on last feb. I had some symptoms after that, not all of them, Thank's God. But enough to freaked me out. I lost some pounds but later I got more, I start ate everything in front or me, lol
This week I'm 12 weeks from exposure and I gonna repeat the test (I did 3, all negative - few weeks, 1 and 2 months later)
I still got some fatigue, muscular pain in legs, some headache and abdominal pain. I hope it's just psicological.
So, Nervous, we're at same boat and hope we got safe and well from it
Do the test and let me know about it, ok
Always take care
Greets

aprhys

Reged: 04/29/08
      #239288 - 05/14/08 12:05 PM

hey robertguy - have replied to your message - think you'll appreciate it :O) . It seems our common burning sensation in the foot isnt hiv related ;O)

Robertguy
Regular

Reged: 03/09/08
      #239327 - 05/15/08 06:08 PM

Hey, Aprhys, thank you
My left leg/feet ar getting better. But sometimes my right one sound strange too. I was reading something when you're infected, your testosteron level low down, makes me think that's why the hiv + get so weak muscular and always fatigue. I'm praying to not be our case
Nervous, how ironic, I'm taking Lexapro aswel. I already did my test, I'm gonna cross my fingers
Take care, guys

MiamiLat
Guardian

Reged: 12/30/05
Loc: Miami, FL
      #239357 - 05/17/08 01:04 AM

Your testing time frame and Negative result suggest you were not infected with HIV.

--------------------
"Education, prevention, awareness, research, and support"

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #239397 - 05/19/08 07:06 AM

Hi,

I would relate your pneumonia with a genuine respiratory disorder...the remaining symptoms in my book would too late for a classical ARS. However, lack or severity of symptoms is not a tool to diagnose your status. Having said this, unprotected sex does place you at risk for acquiring STD’s and HIV( As you do not mention, whether it was female-male, male/male sex, I am afraid I cannot advice much on the transmission front)

Moreover am concerned you smoke inspite of asthma... I mean I smoke as well( I don’t have asthma though), and I am trying to quit, I hope you do it soon as well.

Always remember to use condoms...

Good luck with your test..

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4018

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3