Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
cepo

Reged: 04/20/08
neuropathy
      #238651 - 04/20/08 09:57 PM

I had a vaginal unprotected sexual exposure with someone like 6 months ago, after a month I had a really bad backache that lasted 2 weeks and then went away. I never had any other sympton, the reason I 'm freaking out is because i started getting this pins and needles feeling in my legs and arms and it doesnt go away. I go these feelings about 3 months afterwards and they dont go away. I guess my question is, "is neuropathy common in the early stages of HIV"? I've heard its an opportunistic infection but can it happen so early on? This pins and needles sensation is 24/7 and in both legs and arms and legs go from hot to cold, this is horrible. Has anyone else here experienced this and how did it go away assuming u tested negative. Im really scared and just wanted some words of encouragement

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: neuropathy new
      #238661 - 04/21/08 07:43 AM

You can't figure out your status based on how you feel. If that was the case then the 25% of the people walking around the US with HIV that don't know they have HIV would know.

Everyone should know their status. Get a test.

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Re: neuropathy new
      #238663 - 04/21/08 09:27 AM

Cepo,

The best way out is to get tested. It’s simple! If I were in your place I would have tested at 12 weeks and eradicated the excess 12 weeks of worry and anxiety you experience!

Judging your status based on symptoms is inappropriate. You should always test, and henceforth, use condoms!

Good luck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2672

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3