Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
To: Lindy, Frank and Difficult
      #238296 - 04/06/08 10:10 AM

I find it simply amazing that you will find posts on the other sections where long term partners find out one has HIV, and the other partner upon testing finds that they have remained negative dispite, in some cases, years of unprotected sex.

These people have had REAL RISK, yet they are able to accept their negative results and move forward with their lives.

How is they can accept the fact they are HIV negative and you all can't even with all the over testing you do......something for you all to ponder....perhaps with a mental health counselor.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Franek

Reged: 01/31/08
Loc: UnitedKingdom (North)
Re: To: Lindy, Frank and Difficult new
      #238297 - 04/06/08 11:29 AM

Talking of which I'm seeing my GP tomorrow and asking about referral to a Mental Health Professional.

Re excessive testing:
I didn't ask for the test at 27 days, but they found Chlamydia anyway so glad I had it.
The test at 60 days I thought I was seeing a Doctor to have symptoms verified - they just did a blood draw.
The test at 63 day I booked because I was in London and it was to go with my contact and for us both to get tested and mutually disclose results. They wouldn't book a test for her without her clinic ID.
The test at 92 days was the last one by the GUM clinic, they told me to see my own GP re: symptoms.
I did and he ran all the flipping tests again 101 days P/E. ... 9 days after I had what I thought a conclusive negative.
A test at 3 and 6 months would have done me fine.

A precautionary 1g of Azthromycin when I went in the day after last contact would have been nice too. PEP I requested would have been nicer.

I have zero confidence in the local GU clinic. They said most of the people who test +ve are MSM, IDUs and Africans. Obviously they never noted in the risk assessment my risk was in London. In the risk assessment the health advisor said PEP is for situations like healthcare workers having an accident or a woman being raped by a black man. WTF!!
At the 6 week mark I was asked if I had picked her up in a steamhouse or a brothel, more evidence that the initial health advisor didn't listen. It's not really a fair assumption to make that a female I meet is a hooker. I think that's called mysogyny.

I made a complaint to the health advisor at the pre test consultation at my 92 day blood draw. How was I to know the complaint was against her sister? She went into the Phlebotomist 's room before coming out nd allowing me in. I heard them talking but couldn't make out what was being said. Guess it is possible they didn't actually test me.
She phoned with the results and said I could test at another clinic but they will not test me again.

I've a test booked at 22 weeks at my contact's HIV clinic..She's nearly next door to the Kobler Clinic.

I have no reason to believe anything my contact says.

1 She tells people what they want to hear for a living "Ooh of all the 396 people I've had sex with this month you were the best and biggest I came 4 times in the 30 seconds"
2 She has Schizophrenia and other mental health issues. I've seen the medical and social reports..

I'm no spring chicken and wasn't in good health before the incident.

Robertguy
Regular

Reged: 03/09/08
      #238562 - 04/17/08 01:43 PM

HI, Esmeralda, are you ok?
I just tested this week (8 weeks before) and it~s negative
I stis got some creepy stuff (headache, stomach pain, etc) but I hope ti~s only anxiety. I´ll let you know later about my last test (12 weeks), ok?
Take care
BYe

hopfullindy

Reged: 04/05/08
      #238582 - 04/18/08 06:07 PM

Well you may find it hard to believe but I do believe my latest result which no surprise to you I'm sure was negative. I am thrilled about that and I am still working with my doctors to clear up these other matters. I now know I do not have HIV. I just wonder what the issue is. Seems like some kind of immune deficiency but I am now convinced that it is not HIV. Hey esmerelda what are your thoughts on there being another undiscovered sexually transmitted virus? I am reading a lot about this. I am sure you have read some about this possibility.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2566

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3